[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Problem using EHCache monitor (net.sf.ehcache.Ehcache.getStatistics()Lnet/sf/ehcache/Statistics  XML
Forum Index -> Ehcache
rune66

neo

Hi there

I have setup the monitor kit 1.03 on a windows machine and have started the server (I had to remove the -j option to make the server run).

Now I run the EHCache client program which gives the following exception:

Code:
Exception in thread "CounterManagerImpl Timer" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.ehcache.Ehcache.getStatistics()Lnet/sf/ehcache/Statistics;
 	at org.terracotta.ehcachedx.monitor.probe.SampledCacheStatistics$4.call(SampledCacheStatistics.java:113)
 	at org.terracotta.ehcachedx.monitor.probe.SampledCacheStatistics$4.call(SampledCacheStatistics.java:111)
 	at org.terracotta.ehcachedx.monitor.probe.counter.sampled.PullSampledCounterImpl.recordSample(PullSampledCounterImpl.java:37)
 	at org.terracotta.ehcachedx.monitor.probe.counter.sampled.SampledCounterImpl$1.run(SampledCounterImpl.java:28)
 	at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
 	at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
 Exception in thread "main" net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled.
 	at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.init(CacheManager.java:423)
 	at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.<init>(CacheManager.java:290)
 	at textanalyzer.Main.main(Main.java:237)
 Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled.
 	at java.util.Timer.sched(Unknown Source)
 	at java.util.Timer.schedule(Unknown Source)
 	at org.terracotta.ehcachedx.monitor.probe.counter.CounterManagerImpl.createCounter(CounterManagerImpl.java:36)
 	at org.terracotta.ehcachedx.monitor.probe.SampledCacheStatistics.<init>(SampledCacheStatistics.java:73)
 	at org.terracotta.ehcachedx.monitor.probe.CacheManagerService.registerCache(CacheManagerService.java:739)
 	at org.terracotta.ehcachedx.monitor.probe.ProbePeerListener.notifyCacheAdded(ProbePeerListener.java:108)
 	at net.sf.ehcache.event.CacheManagerEventListenerRegistry.notifyCacheAdded(CacheManagerEventListenerRegistry.java:159)
 	at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.addCacheNoCheck(CacheManager.java:1423)
 	at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.addConfiguredCaches(CacheManager.java:813)
 	at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.doInit(CacheManager.java:498)
 	at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.init(CacheManager.java:392)
 	... 2 more

How to make this work?

With regards,
Rune
cedricsu

neo

I also meet this problem . I use ehcache 2.7.4 and ehcache-monitor 1.0.3
anyone please help
rune66

neo

Bumpin this.

I'm now trying the same with ehcache 2.8.1 and problem persists. Please anyone??
jhouse

seraphim
[Avatar]

The monitor is not compatible with new versions of ehcache. Nor is it on the roadmap to be worked on.

(I have sent a mail to the docs team to make that more clear on the docs page related to the monitor - it does indicate such now, but in a not entirely clear way).

It has been replaced by the REST agent that is included with ehcache, that can be enabled thus:

<ehcache ... >
<managementRESTService enabled="true" bind="<ip_address>:<port>"/>
</ehcache>

mdevgan

neo

The new web-based monitoring console, known as TMC (Terracotta Management Console) replaces ehcache monitor. TMC works with both standalone (BigMemory Go) as well as distributed product (BigMemory Max).

Documentation on TMC: http://terracotta.org/documentation/3.7.4/bigmemorygo/operations/tms

90-day free trial for BigMemory Go:
http://terracotta.org/downloads/bigmemorygo

thanks.
rune66

neo

So I have to use the paid product to make this work?

This problem must be easy to fix?

Forum Index -> Ehcache
Go to: