[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Quartz 2.2 + Bigmemory Job store  XML
Forum Index -> Quartz
subasu

neo

Hi,
We are trying to upgrade to bigmemory, and as a part of it also upgrade to the latest Quartz. As a part of upgrading Quartz we are using the EnterpriseTerrcotaJobStore that comes with bigmemory. However we are unable to view the job store on TMC or any console.

However, we were earlier able to see all jobs on dev-concole.sh(terracotta 3.5.2) and we could also trigger jobs from Quartz tab in the console (for testing).

How can we see the jobstore and trigger jobs from bigmemory and quartz 2.2. Bigmemory does not have dev-console.sh and TMC does not seem to have Quartz.

Please help, and this is a major functionality that we will be loosing by upgrading to bigmemory. How can we view the Job store and trigger jobs after upgrading to Bigmemory?

Regards,
Suranjana
jhouse

seraphim
[Avatar]

You are correct : the 4.x line does not support dev console, and the TMC does not yet have support for Quartz. It is a known gap that will be addressed, but has no definite timeline.

In the mean time, you can use the JMX beans (which is what dev-console used) via JConsole or similar tools.

subasu

neo

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I launched jconsole and tried to run the operations on Quartz MBean(that shows up fine). However on trying to execute any operation like 'getJobDetail' or 'gettrigger' I am getting the following error message:

Problem invoking getJobDetail: java.lang.NullPointerException

I am doing the following:
Added org.quartz.scheduler.jmx.export=true in quartz.properties

have done everything that has been suggested online. Some Quartz jconsole operations work and some don't and this makes me believe that there could be some error on Quartz manager. I am listing down what I have done:

What I have done:

Setup: Set up Quartz jobs using Spring 3.1, Quartz 2.2.1 and big memory 4.0.4 as the job store (Bigmemory ships with Quartz 2.2.1)
The setup works fine and I can see the job run. I also see the jobs client joining as a client node in big memory server
I have used the following quartz properties:
org.quartz.scheduler.instanceName=ZongPayScheduler
org.quartz.scheduler.instanceId=AUTO
org.quartz.threadPool.class=org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool
org.quartz.threadPool.threadCount=5
org.quartz.threadPool.threadPriority=5
org.quartz.jobStore.misfireThreshold=60000
org.quartz.jobStore.class=org.terracotta.quartz.EnterpriseTerracottaJobStore
org.quartz.jobStore.tcConfigUrl=localhost:9510
org.quartz.scheduler.jmx.export=true
org.quartz.scheduler.jmx.objectName:quartz:type=QuartzScheduler,name=ZongPayScheduler, instanceId=NONE_CLUSTER

Viewing and triggering Quartz jobs: As suggested online, I have added the following properties to my quartz.properties
org.quartz.scheduler.jmx.export=true
org.quartz.scheduler.jmx.objectName:quartz:type=QuartzScheduler,name=ZongPayScheduler, instanceId=NONE_CLUSTER

Observation:
I am seeing the Quartz management show up as an Mbean and I can see the operations. I can also see the Triggers in 'AllTriggers' attribute in the Mbean. I can also see AllJobDetails values correctly. I can also execute operations like 'start', or 'shutdown' or standby from the console.

Error
I am unable to execute any operation on the mBean like 'scheduleJob', 'unscheduleJob', 'getJobDetail' or 'getTrigger'
When I click on getTrigger operation with the same Trigger name that shows up in the Alltriggers attribute, I am getting the null pointer exception:
Problem invoking getTrigger : java.lang.NullPointerException (screenshot attached)
'scheduleJob' and 'unscheduleJob' always returns false

As some attributes and operations work, I am assuming that operations like 'scheduleJob' or 'unscheduleJob' are not working because of some error on Quartz manager.

Can you please provide me any guidance on how I can get the console working for operations like 'scheduleJob' which is extremely important for our QA team.
[Thumb - Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 1.45.02 PM.png]
 Filename Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 1.45.02 PM.png [Disk] Download
 Description Jconsole error
 Filesize 130 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  222 time(s)

subasu

neo

Hi,
Do you have any update on the question that I posted earlier? Can someone please help me with the quartz jconsole issue?

Forum Index -> Quartz
Go to: