[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Quartz JDBC Job Store - Maintenance/Cleanup  XML
Forum Index -> Quartz
vicav

neo

I am currently in the processes of setting up Quartz in a load balanced environment using the JDBC job store and I am wondering how everyone manages the quartz job store DB.

For me Quartz (2.2.0) will be deployed as a part of a versioned application with multiple versions potentially existing on the one server at the one time. I am using the notation XXScheduler_v1 to ensure multiple schedulers play nice together. My code is working fine, with the quartz tables being populated with the triggers/jobs/etc as appropriate.

One thing I have noticed though is that there seems to be no database cleanup that occurs when the application is undeployed. What I mean is that the Job/Scheduler data seems to stay in the quartz database even though there is no longer a scheduler active.

This is less than ideal and I can imagine with my model the database would get larger than it needed to be with time. Am I missing how to hook-up some clean-up processes? Or does quartz expect us to do the db cleanup manually?

Thanks!
jhouse

seraphim
[Avatar]

You'll have to do the cleanup manually.

The JDBC JobStore is designed as a permanent store. 99.99% of users want that -- e.g. want all of their scheduled jobs to survive an application crash. Hence, if quartz deleted existing data as it started, most everyone would be very angry.
vicav

neo

Thanks!
hadjila

journeyman

Hi,

i have used a web up (développing with quartz) with myschedul and connected by RMI, but i have this error

Can i help me for corrected the error
Code:
 com.vaadin.event.ListenerMethod$MethodException: Invocation of method selectedTabChange in myschedule.web.ui.SchedulerScreen$SchedulerContent$1 failed
         at com.vaadin.event.ListenerMethod.receiveEvent(ListenerMethod.java:528)
         at com.vaadin.event.EventRouter.fireEvent(EventRouter.java:167)
         at com.vaadin.server.AbstractClientConnector.fireEvent(AbstractClientConnector.java:984)
         at com.vaadin.ui.TabSheet.fireSelectedTabChange(TabSheet.java:837)
         at com.vaadin.ui.TabSheet.setSelectedTab(TabSheet.java:532)
         at com.vaadin.ui.TabSheet.changeVariables(TabSheet.java:640)
         at com.vaadin.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.changeVariables(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1887)
         at com.vaadin.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.handleBurst(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1691)
         at com.vaadin.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.handleVariables(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1564)
         at com.vaadin.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.handleUidlRequest(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:582)
         at com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet.service(VaadinServlet.java:315)
         at com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet.service(VaadinServlet.java:201)
         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)
         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
         at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
         at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)
         at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:953)
         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
         at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
         at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1008)
         at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)
         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:312)
         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
 Caused by: org.quartz.SchedulerException: Error communicating with remote scheduler. [See nested exception: java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarsh
 alling return; nested exception is:
         java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: com.prosodie.nca.batch.launch.JpaIteratorJobLauncher]
         at myschedule.quartz.extra.SchedulerTemplate.getContext(SchedulerTemplate.java:140)
         at myschedule.web.ui.JobsHistoriesContent.reloadTableContent(JobsHistoriesContent.java:80)
         at myschedule.web.ui.JobsHistoriesContent.initJobsTable(JobsHistoriesContent.java:73)
         at myschedule.web.ui.JobsHistoriesContent.<init>(JobsHistoriesContent.java:31)
         at myschedule.web.ui.SchedulerScreen$SchedulerContent.switchJobsHistoriesContent(SchedulerScreen.java:155)
         at myschedule.web.ui.SchedulerScreen$SchedulerContent$1.selectedTabChange(SchedulerScreen.java:77)
         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
         at com.vaadin.event.ListenerMethod.receiveEvent(ListenerMethod.java:508)

light5

ophanim
[Avatar]

Hi hadjila, if you have problems with MySchedule, please create a issue on its project site and describe how you reproduce it.

https://code.google.com/p/myschedule/issues/list

Zemian Deng
---------------
Looking for a web UI to manage Quartz?
Try http://code.google.com/p/myschedule
[WWW]

Forum Index -> Quartz
Go to: