[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: stepiens  XML
Profile for stepiens -> Messages posted by stepiens [3]
Hi,

Does 2.8.3 version of ehcache works with java 1.5. As far as I remember it is stated in documentation that it does. However when I try to run it on 1.5 getting java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file (unable to load class net.sf.ehcache.Cache) which means it was compiled with newer version. I tried to compile/build it myself using maven but there is a problem with mvn dependency which i described in other post. I would really appreciate your help on this one.
Is someone using 2.8.3 with java 1.5?

Thanks
Hi,

Thanks for reply. Yep I tried to build it from distribution folder, but the same happens when i try to build it from the root folder:

mvn install -DskipTests
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[WARNING]
[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for net.sf.ehcache.inter
nal:ehcache-core:jar:2.8.3
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.(groupId:artifactId)' must be unique but found duplicate declaration
of plugin org.terracotta:maven-forge-plugin @ line 174, column 15
[WARNING]
[WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability of your
build.
[WARNING]
[WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building such malformed pro
jects.
[WARNING]
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Reactor Build Order:
[INFO]
[INFO] ehcache-root
[INFO] ehcache-core
[INFO] ehcache-terracotta-root
[INFO] ehcache-terracotta-bootstrap
[INFO] management-ehcache
[INFO] management-ehcache-impl-parent
[INFO] management-ehcache-impl
[INFO] ehcache-rest-agent
[INFO] ehcache-scheduled-refresh
[INFO] ehcache-search-parser
[INFO] ehcache
[INFO]
[INFO] Building ehcache-root 2.8.3
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-forge-plugin:1.2.5:buildinfo (generateBuildInfoFile) @ ehcache-root ---
[WARNING] The POM for com.softwareag.ibit.tools:finder:jar:2.05a is missing, no dependency informati
on available
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] ehcache-root ...................................... FAILURE [0.654s]
[INFO] ehcache-core ...................................... SKIPPED
[INFO] ehcache-terracotta-root ........................... SKIPPED
[INFO] ehcache-terracotta-bootstrap ...................... SKIPPED
[INFO] management-ehcache ................................ SKIPPED
[INFO] management-ehcache-impl-parent .................... SKIPPED
[INFO] management-ehcache-impl ........................... SKIPPED
[INFO] ehcache-rest-agent ................................ SKIPPED
[INFO] ehcache-scheduled-refresh ......................... SKIPPED
[INFO] ehcache-search-parser ............................. SKIPPED
[INFO] ehcache ........................................... SKIPPED
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 0.965s
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Aug 20 09:17:47 CEST 2014
[INFO] Final Memory: 9M/153M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.terracotta:maven-forge plugin:1.2.5:buildinfo (generateBuildInfoFile) on project ehcache-root: Execution generateBuildInfoFile of goal org.terracotta:maven-forge-plu
gin:1.2.5:buildinfo failed: Plugin org.terracotta:maven-forge-plugin:1.2.5 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failure to find com.softwareag.ibit.tools:finder:jar:2.05a in http://www.terracotta.org/download/reflector/snapshots was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be
reattempted until the update interval of terracotta-snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced ->
[Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginResolutionException

Would really appreciate your help on this one.
Hello,

I am unable to build ehcache from source using maven, checked out 2.8.3 version of ehcache.

Getting following error when issuing mvn install -DskipTests

Failed to execute goal org.terracotta:maven-forge-plugin:1.2.5:buildinfo (generateBuildInfoFile) on project ehcache-kit: Execution generateBuildInfoFile of goal org.terracotta:maven-forge-plugin:1.2.5:buildinfo failed. Plugin org.terracotta:maven-forge-plugin:1.2.5 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact com.sofwareag.ibit.tools:finder:jar:2.05a in terracotta-snapshots (http://www.terracotta.org/download/reflector/snapshots)

Can anyone help please?

Profile for stepiens -> Messages posted by stepiens [3]
Go to: