[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: arobase  XML
Profile for arobase -> Messages posted by arobase [4]
Hi,

Could somebody explains to me how the persistence works and why disk usage is so huge compared to memory usage ?
When 1.9 GB of memory is used I have 440 GB in the cache/persistence/cachedata directory.
I would like to know how to dimesion my disk space.

My persistence configuration is <persistence strategy="localRestartable" synchronousWrites="true"/>

One clue : the data in memory are often updated.
Does the disk stores some kind of history ?

thanks a lot in advance for any piece of answer.

Benoit.
Hi,

I have a cache manager sized to 32 GB, and 10 of them are currently used. I configured the persistence strategy to localRestartable for all my caches.

On the disk (in <diskstore path>/persistence/cachedata) I have 1995 files seg0000xxxx.frs each one is around 500 MB. So my 1 TB disk is now full.

I would like to understand the following :
- is there a correlation between those files and the SizeOfPolicy ?
- why do I have such an amount of data on my disk which is 100 times the used cache size ?
- what do those frs files contains ?

Thanks,

Benoit.
This is Bigmemory go 4.0.2 and ehcache 2.7.2
Hi,
I would like to have my cache with transactionalMode="local" AND make it searchable. I am feeling crazy because it seems that those two configurations are definitely incompatible.

If transactionalMode is off, I can do searches (but unfortunately I cannot manage the commits, so my search is not consistent)
If transactionalMode is local and my cache not searchable, the transactions are ok but no more searches.
If I have the two configurations , then I get an exception when I do a cache.put : tries to find the getters related to the search attributes in the class net.sf.ehcache.transaction.SoftLockID.

Did I miss something ? Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Benoit.

Here is my configuration :

<ehcache xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ehcache.org/ehcache.xsd"
name="socialdataconfig">
<cache name="conceptStore"
maxBytesLocalHeap="64M"
maxBytesLocalOffHeap="256M"
eternal="true"
transactionalMode="local">
<persistence strategy="none"/>
<searchable keys="false" values="false" allowDynamicIndexing="true">
<searchAttribute name="oldestTimeSlice" expression="value.getOldestTimeSlice()"/>
<searchAttribute name="garbaging" expression="value.isGarbaging()"/>
</searchable>
</cache>
</ehcache>

Here is the stackTrace :

net.sf.ehcache.search.attribute.AttributeExtractorException: No such method named "isGarbaging" present on instance of class net.sf.ehcache.transaction.SoftLockID
at net.sf.ehcache.search.attribute.ReflectionAttributeExtractor$MethodPart.eval(ReflectionAttributeExtractor.java:286)
at net.sf.ehcache.search.attribute.ReflectionAttributeExtractor.attributeFor(ReflectionAttributeExtractor.java:116)
at net.sf.ehcache.store.offheap.search.LuceneIndexedSearchManager.put(LuceneIndexedSearchManager.java:185)
at net.sf.ehcache.store.offheap.search.SearchStorageEngineListener.written(SearchStorageEngineListener.java:56)
at net.sf.ehcache.store.offheap.search.SearchStorageEngineListener.written(SearchStorageEngineListener.java:17)
at com.terracottatech.offheapstore.storage.listener.AbstractListenableStorageEngine.fireWritten(AbstractListenableStorageEngine.java:39)
at com.terracottatech.offheapstore.storage.PortabilityBasedStorageEngine.writeMapping(PortabilityBasedStorageEngine.java:61)
at com.terracottatech.offheapstore.OffHeapHashMap.tryWriteEntry(OffHeapHashMap.java:656)
at com.terracottatech.offheapstore.OffHeapHashMap.writeEntry(OffHeapHashMap.java:640)
at com.terracottatech.offheapstore.OffHeapHashMap.put(OffHeapHashMap.java:391)
at com.terracottatech.offheapstore.AbstractLockedOffHeapHashMap.put(AbstractLockedOffHeapHashMap.java:132)
at net.sf.ehcache.store.offheap.factories.EhcacheSegmentFactory$NotifyingEhcacheSegment.put(EhcacheSegmentFactory.java:157)
at net.sf.ehcache.store.offheap.factories.EhcacheSegmentFactory$NotifyingEhcacheSegment.put(EhcacheSegmentFactory.java:141)
at com.terracottatech.offheapstore.OffHeapHashMap.put(OffHeapHashMap.java:382)
at com.terracottatech.offheapstore.AbstractLockedOffHeapHashMap.put(AbstractLockedOffHeapHashMap.java:121)
at com.terracottatech.offheapstore.AbstractLockedOffHeapHashMap.putIfAbsent(AbstractLockedOffHeapHashMap.java:202)
at com.terracottatech.offheapstore.concurrent.AbstractConcurrentOffHeapMap.putIfAbsent(AbstractConcurrentOffHeapMap.java:241)
at com.terracottatech.offheapstore.concurrent.AbstractConcurrentOffHeapCache.putIfAbsent(AbstractConcurrentOffHeapCache.java:82)
at net.sf.ehcache.store.offheap.OffHeapStore.putIfAbsent(OffHeapStore.java:196)
at net.sf.ehcache.store.CacheStore.putIfAbsent(CacheStore.java:255)
at net.sf.ehcache.store.CopyingCacheStore.putIfAbsent(CopyingCacheStore.java:133)
at net.sf.ehcache.store.ElementIdAssigningStore.putIfAbsent(ElementIdAssigningStore.java:174)
at net.sf.ehcache.transaction.local.LocalTransactionStore.put(LocalTransactionStore.java:219)
at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.putInternal(Cache.java:1501)
at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.put(Cache.java:1427)
at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.put(Cache.java:1392)
at net.quaerofuture.datasift.processor.DataCacheProcessor.updateConcepts(DataCacheProcessor.java:325)
at net.quaerofuture.datasift.processor.DataCacheProcessor.call(DataCacheProcessor.java:207)
at net.quaerofuture.datasift.processor.DataCacheProcessor.call(DataCacheProcessor.java:1)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Profile for arobase -> Messages posted by arobase [4]
Go to: