[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: Q  XML
Profile for Q -> Messages posted by Q [2]
Well I thought I know everything and then I encountered Terracotta so there is something new to know :). That's what we,Q, do

On a serious note, thanks for info. I will try to look it up on my dev box. However I don't remember seeing an answer about the memory. If I understand correctly running two instances will take double the amount of memory - the part that concerns me is the ehcache cached data will I have the cache replicated as well. Is that assumption correct ?

On production deployment, do you support anything like hot deploy ? In my prod. box I only have control to a shell console so I won;t be able to view the UI's for Configurator. Are there any other options ?

Also the prod box is a Linux box (as you could guess it) and currently I run my java using jvsc. Do you have a recommended way to run Terracotta on a prod. box ?

Thanks a lot for writing me back!
Q

Hello there,

I just run over the features of Terracotta and I wonder if there is a step by step document that will show how to cluster a tomcat application on the same box.

On top of that few questions about that. I use Hibernate and since I had one instance of tomcat I have ehcache as my cache manager. I cache quite a bit of data to avoid trips to the database. When I'd cluster my every single JVM will double the space so I'd have to move to a different kind of caching (OSCache) how ever I still have trouble to figure it out how that will work - where that instance of cache manager will reside ? Anyone is facing this issue ?

Then I use apache to front my tomcat. Do I have to create workers and load balance them in Apache ?

Gimme some hits from your perspective how will that work !?

Thanks,
Q

Profile for Q -> Messages posted by Q [2]
Go to: