[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: asanabria6910  XML
Profile for asanabria6910 -> Messages posted by asanabria6910 [14]
5.0.30 is the version we are using
now I recreated my boot.jar... then started up terracotta and now I do not see those errors at all but not I can no longer see the classes..... :(

FYI.. config hasn't changed from my last posting.
Thanks for all your help again, i was able to get terracoota to work with our setup for a brief time though... The reason sessions werent saving was because I had to put change site to ROOT

<web-application>ROOT</web-application>

once I did that all was well... but then this started to happen...

May 10, 2007 9:35:12 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase getResponseBody
WARNING: Going to buffer response body of large or unknown size. Using getResponseBodyAsStream instead is recommended.
May 10, 2007 9:35:16 AM org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter service
SEVERE: An exception or error occurred in the container during the request processing
java.lang.AssertionError: Precondition Failed
at com.terracotta.session.util.Assert.pre(Assert.java:9)
at com.tc.tomcat50.session.SessionValve50.makeWebAppConfig(SessionValve50.java:98)
at com.tc.tomcat50.session.SessionValve50.createManager(SessionValve50.java:80)
at com.tc.tomcat50.session.SessionValve50.findOrCreateManager(SessionValve50.java:72)
at com.tc.tomcat50.session.SessionValve50.tcInvoke(SessionValve50.java:56)
at com.tc.tomcat50.session.SessionValve50.invoke(SessionValve50.java:48)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
just noticed this when i log in to the site the data is not persistent .......
I log in successfully and then it still shows me logged out.... I'm confused as why this is happening.....

I see data in the graphs now and it seem like we are right there on having this product work
with our site but session data seems not to be working.
Also while I have your attention how does terracotta work with apache as the front end to tomcat???

What we want out of Terracotta and the only reason we are not going with tomcat 6.0 is that you handle sessions much quicker then tomcat does... But as I see it now none of the session data is working not even on the box I login as myself.
New config.....
Well I finally figured it out.. Thanks in advance for all your help!

This was missing from tc-config.xml
<additional-boot-jar-classes>
<include>java.util.Locale</include>
<include>java.util.Random</include>
</additional-boot-jar-classes>

I found that out through the sessions-configurator.sh

I started the site just fine but when i logged into the site I would get the error on the site and on the console and the console will ask if you want to load this module in and essentially recreate boot.jar ..

I initially was just testing with me reading logs and hitting the site, I did not realize that the xonsole will also add the correct modules to tc-config.
here are attached the screenshot of the java console so you can see the clients connected and the tc-config file.
through the java console and I already imported the complete site..
how can i make it shared?
Thanks for all your help...
Since our site can still run using jdk-1.6 we are going with that.. All seems well so far but I see no traffic in the graphs.. So i'm not sure if I have to input the classes I want loaded into tc-config or.....??

The admin console client see all 3 servers connected to it. I hit all the webservers and still no traffic.
jdk-1.4 is on my local box and jdk-1.5 is on our production and both do not work with the new terracotta, only 1.6 does for me at least. running fedora core 3
I think I just found the reason....
I have jdk-1.4 on all my systems here, so I decided to install jdk 1.6 and now the console works, but I cant install this version in production which is not good if I want to use your product. I'm going to see if I can get a approval to use this version of java but unlikely.
The version of tomcat I'm using is 5.0.30
I upgraded to your newest version of terracotta which is 2.3.0, I exported the env variables.
I'm trying to run welcome.sh and the java gui does not come up.

export CATALINA_HOME="/usr/share/tomcat5"
export JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java"
export TC_JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java"

I ran /spln/local/terracotta-2.3.0/bin/welcome.sh and nothing happens it just sits there.
I'm trying to evaluate terracotta for our environment and thanks mainly to the forumns I was able to get as far as the client connecting to the server but it disconnects as soon as it connects.

I use this script to start the client start-tomcat-dso.sh
[root@ws2213 bin]# ./start-tomcat-dso.sh
Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/share/tomcat5
Using CATALINA_HOME: /usr/share/tomcat5
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/share/tomcat5/temp
Using JAVA_HOME: /usr/lib/jvm/java
Using JRE_HOME: /usr/lib/jvm/java

All env variables are set correctly

This is the error from the admin console

2007-05-03 12:47:27,004 [TCComm Selector Thread 1 (listen 0.0.0.0:9510)] INFO com.tc.net.protocol.transport.ServerMessageTransport - Attaching new connection: com.tc.net.core.TCConnectionJDK14@3315058: connected: true, closed: false local=10.20.0.208:9510 remote=10.20.0.213:43289 connect=[Thu May 03 12:47:26 EDT 2007] idle=1ms
2007-05-03 12:47:27,050 [WorkerThread(client_handshake_stage,0)] INFO com.tc.objectserver.handshakemanager.ServerClientHandshakeManager - Client connected ChannelID=[1]
2007-05-03 12:47:32,790 [WorkerThread(jmxremote_connect_stage,0)] INFO com.tc.management.remote.connect.ClientConnectEventHandler - DSO client channel[1] removed, closing tunneled JMX connection
2007-05-03 12:47:32,893 [Job_Executor1] INFO com.tc.management.remote.connect.ClientConnectEventHandler$ConnectorClosedListener - Tunneled JMX connection to a DSO client has terminated, unregistering its beans
2007-05-03 12:47:33,292 [WorkerThread(channel_life_cycle_stage,0)] INFO com.tc.objectserver.handler.ChannelLifeCycleHandler - Received transport disconnect. Killing client ChannelID=[1]
2007-05-03 13:46:08,141 [GC] INFO com.tc.objectserver.api.ObjectManager - Notifying GC : pending = 0 checkedOutCount = 0

This is from catalina.out

2007-05-03 12:47:24,797 INFO - Terracotta, version 2.2.1 as of 20070319-100326.
2007-05-03 12:47:25,540 INFO - Configuration loaded from the server at '10.20.0.208:9510'.
2007-05-03 12:47:25,557 INFO - Log file: '/root/terracotta/client-logs/terracotta-client.log'.
May 3, 2007 12:47:32 PM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester startElement
SEVERE: Begin event threw error
java.lang.AssertionError: Cannot determine tomcat version from Apache Tomcat/5.0
at com.tc.tomcat.session.VersionHelper.<clinit>(VersionHelper.java:36)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.<init>(ContainerBase.java:228)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.<init>(StandardEngine.java:64)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:350)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)

Profile for asanabria6910 -> Messages posted by asanabria6910 [14]
Go to: