[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: danny_r  XML
Profile for danny_r -> Messages posted by danny_r [6]
Hi jhouse, thx for your response

I didn't configure one, I will configure one and see if the problem will occur again, I presume it doesn't matter that we use a jndi-Lookup to websphere?

Best regards

Danny
Hi jhouse thanks for the response, sorry I was not specific enough. The database server did a failover. which is installed on a VeritasCluster

Veritas cluster means that only one server is alive and when it fails server is shutdown and an other one is started.
It seems that the server did a failover around 3 AM, but I'am still wondering why quartz wasn't executing the jobs.
Hi all,

We've implemented quartz and everything was working fine till last night 3AM, Since 3AM no jobs start running. I could still schedule job and QRTZ tables get filled. but the jobs self won't execute when reaching the fire time. does any one has a clue why quartz stops executing while the rest of the application is just working fine. (Quartz version used is version 1.6.6, because this is the last version with java 1.4 support).

quartz.properties
Code:
 #Quartz indentifiers
 org.quartz.scheduler.instanceId=AUTO
 org.quartz.scheduler.instanceName=SamedayScheduler

#Time to try to reconnect to the server when the database connection is lost.
 org.quartz.scheduler.dbFailureRetryInterval=120000

#General settings
 org.quartz.jobStore.class=org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreCMT
 org.quartz.jobStore.dataSource=samedayDS
 org.quartz.jobStore.nonManagedTXDataSource=nonXAsamedayDS
 org.quartz.jobStore.driverDelegateClass=org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.oracle.OracleDelegate
 org.quartz.jobStore.misfireThreshold=60000
 org.quartz.jobStore.tablePrefix=sa_qrtz_

#Cluster settings
 org.quartz.jobStore.isClustered=false
 #org.quartz.jobStore.clusterCheckinInterval=20000
 org.quartz.jobStore.dontSetAutoCommitFalse=true

#Thread settings
 org.quartz.threadPool.class=org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool
 org.quartz.threadPool.threadCount=5

#datasource settings
 org.quartz.dataSource.samedayDS.jndiURL=jdbc/sday_ds_tx
 org.quartz.dataSource.samedayDS.java.naming.factory.initial=com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory
 org.quartz.dataSource.samedayDS.java.naming.provider.url=iiop://localhost:2809

org.quartz.dataSource.nonXAsamedayDS.jndiURL=jdbc/sameday/oracle/BatchDS
 org.quartz.dataSource.nonXAsamedayDS.java.naming.factory.initial=com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory
 org.quartz.dataSource.nonXAsamedayDS.java.naming.provider.url=iiop://localhost:2809

Edit: after restarting the server the jobs where start runnning again
Thx, for the answer, I'll did already take a look in de build files but I wasn't totally sure
Hi,

Could someone tell me what the latest stable version of quartz is, that's compatible with java 1.4? Are the versions of quartz simuar to the java versions? Quartz 1.4.X is compatible with java 1.4, Quartz 1.5.x is compatible with java 1.5?

I couldn't find this on the main website of quartz.

Thx, in advance

Danny

Profile for danny_r -> Messages posted by danny_r [6]
Go to: