[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Does BigMemory work for SQL server and .NET applications?  XML
Forum Index -> General
ashley27

neo

I am new to BigMemory and have just stumbled upon this product. We use microsoft products - SQL server as teh backend and ASP.NET as the front end tool. I have been googling and did not find any reference to incorporate BigMemory on .NET applications. From what I understand is that BigMemory is ONLY supported on JAVA applications. Is this true?
If not, how do we configure .NET apps to make use of BigMemory?

Any information on this will save me time ...

Thanks in advance!
Ash
klalithr

consul

yes, you can access BigMemory from .net applications through SOAP and restful API.

Karthik Lalithraj (Terracotta)
ashley27

neo

Thanks Karthik for your reply.
Can you please elaborate further and guide me as to which SOAP API's to use? Are these user created or are there some provided by Terracotta? Any pointers to tech docs will help too ...

Cheers,
Ash
klalithr

consul

You can either use the cache server (http://ehcache.org/documentation/user-guide/cache-server) or better still (if you want more control) write a simple webservice that will perform the functionality that you want. You can choose any provider (AXIS, JAXB etc). We dont have a preference.

Karthik Lalithraj (Terracotta)

Forum Index -> General
Go to: