[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Upgrading terrcaotta server from 2.7.2 to 3.4  XML
Forum Index -> Ehcache
javicol

neo

Hello,

My application runs on two servers. The existent traffic is 15 tps per server. Also it uses terracotta 2.7.2 server as an active and a passive(hot standby). Two client applications run by connecting to Active terracotta server.

My Installations are :

Virtual Machine : Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM version 11.0-b16
Operating System: SunOS 5.10
Architecture: sparc
Number of processors: 64

I am newbie for tc and need to learn that :

When terracotta server is upgraded from 2.7.2 to 3.4, what should it be done? For example : i detect that dso-boot jar file should be created for new jdk version(1.6.24) by using make-boot-jar.sh. Is there any other requirement? can there be any risky situation? Also my application is on production and there should not be any risky situation.

Thanks,
Javi

ankur

master

Can you please let us know about your use case in brief? I would like to understand why do you want to use DSO product and can you not meet the requirement using Express Ehcache.

Creating dso-boot jar is not risky and is running in production with lots of customers but there should be a strong reason to use DSO rather than Express.
javicol

neo

Hello,

I'm responsible for product which has been developed via DSO and use terracotta server 2.7.2. We have got some problems cause tc server 2.7.2 so we need to upgrade it from 2.7.2 to tc server 3.4.0 with the smallest change through it is very critical.

Also,

1) Could you please explain basic difference between DSO and Express Ehcache?
2) Is Express Ehcache commercial product?
3) Is terracotta server 3.4 backward compatible?

Thanks,
Javi
klalithr

consul

I would recommend that you contact "sales@terracotta.org" with a brief explanation of your use case to better determine your upgrade options.

Karthik Lalithraj (Terracotta)
javicol

neo

Hello,

I have already written to sales team of Terracotta and wait for a response from them.

Thanks,
Javi

Forum Index -> Ehcache
Go to: