[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
can not monitor the JMX port 9520 while the terracotta run on CentOS  XML
Forum Index -> Terracotta for Web Sessions Go to Page: 1, 2 Next 
Joy.Cai

journeyman

Hi,

I can not monitor the JMX port 9520 while the terracotta run on CentOS. I use terracotta-generic-2.4.0.tar,my web container is jetty-6.1.5.althought the terracotta and jetty can run on the CentOS,i can't monitor the terracotta's jmx by another terracotta which is run on window.

what's the problem?

Thanks in advances.

Joy.Cai
zeeiyer

consul

We don't officially certify on CentOS - but since it is based on RedHat - it should work - I suppose you just confirmed that as well.

What Exception do you encounter when you run the Admin Console (Swing GUI) on your Windows desktop:

1. Are you sure that the "host" (where the Terracotta server runs) and port (9520) are correctly specified. Can you ping the "host" from your windows box ?
2. Do the Terracotta versions of the Admin Client and the Terracotta server match ?

Thanks.

Sreeni Iyer, Terracotta.
Not a member yet - Click here to join the Terracotta Community
Joy.Cai

journeyman

Hi zeeiyer,

1. I encounter this exception :unable to connect to 192.168.0.12:9520 when I run the Admin Console (Swing GUI) on my Windows desktop.but I can success to telnet to 192.168.0.12 on the port 9520.

2. my Terracotta versions of the Admin Client is 2.4.0,the same as the Terracotta server (which is run on CentOS).

Thanks.

Joy.Cai
zeeiyer

consul

I take it that in the tc-config.xml one is not specifying a different port for JMX services (the default is 9520, but you can override it)...

Also there is an irritating bug, where sometimes you have to click twice on the Admin-Console "Connect" Push-Button to connect (the first attempt throws a timeout though, and not a "unable to connect" as you are reporting).

Just for completeness sake wrt triaging we are doing here - i just wanted to ensure that the default jmx-port has not been overridden and u try connecting twice.
Thx

Sreeni Iyer, Terracotta.
Not a member yet - Click here to join the Terracotta Community
tgautier

seraphim

Also if possible we should try to rule out any network issues. I know that you said telnet succeeds, but the actual protocol is JMX so there could be other issues causing JMX to not connect that telnet is not helping with.

Would it be possible to run an admin console on the localhost to ensure it works properly from the same machine?
[WWW]
gkeim

ophanim

Can you successfully connect using jconsole?

Gary Keim (terracotta developer) Want to post to this forum? Join the Terracotta Community
Joy.Cai

journeyman

Hi,zeeiyer

I take it that in the tc-config.xml one is not specifying a different port for JMX services (the default is 9520, but you can override it)...  
why?

aside,no matter how many times i try to connect ,what i got is the same message: unable to connect.......

Thx

Joy.Cai
Joy.Cai

journeyman

Hi tgautier,

maybe we should rule out the network issues,maybe is the network protocol issues.But it is possible to run the admin console on the localhost and it works well.

Thx.

Joy.Cai
Joy.Cai

journeyman

Hi gkeim,

i can't connect using jconsole.
hhuynh

cherubim

This could be the result of a bad entry in /etc/hosts (see this bug here: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6209663

Hung-
gkeim

ophanim

There's something incorrect about your networking setup on that machine. Here's a link to a conversation about the same problem:

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?forumID=58&tstart=0&threadID=288759&trange=15

If you can't find anything wrong with your /etc/hosts, you can turn on some JMX RMI logging like so:

% export JAVA_OPTS=-DServerConnectionManager.logLevel=ALL
% $TC_HOME/bin/admin.sh

That may shed a clue.

Gary Keim (terracotta developer) Want to post to this forum? Join the Terracotta Community
Joy.Cai

journeyman

Thanks.
Joy.Cai

journeyman

Hi gkeim,

i can connect using jconsole now,and can connect using terracotta from centOS to another centOS.

but can't from windows to CentOS.
gkeim

ophanim

Check the networking on your Windows machine. I've seen this problem occur when the machine was in the wrong domain or workgroup.

Joy.Cai

journeyman

i can connect using jconsole from windows to CentOS.

Forum Index -> Terracotta for Web Sessions Go to Page: 1, 2 Next 
Go to: