[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
EHCache statistics via JMX  XML
Forum Index -> BigMemory
rvansa

journeyman

Hello,

working with BigMemory Max (free edition) as Terracotta Server Array I haven't found any way to export the EHCache statistics via JMX. I see the client statistics (in SampledCache) in jconsole but the net.sf.ehcache.management.ManagementService.registerMBeans is probably never called.

Is there any way to lookup the current hit/miss count or number of locally stored entries for each cache either in total or on each Terracotta server (I am planning to start playing around with trial version soon) via JMX?

EDIT: OK, seems nobody knows the answer/it does not exist. Therefore, is any programmatic way to obtain these statistics per cache? I can get client statistics via cache.getStatistics() but the only valid seems to be the getRemoteSize(), other statistics are just local per client. Do I have to aggregate the data from all clients?

Thanks
gyan10

ophanim

Hi,

You can see all the statistics,hit/miss ratio,object count etc via management-console provided in BigMemory Max release. you can find it at below location:
bigmemory-max-4.0.0\tools\management-console
there is a ReadMe file which provides steps to start the console.
you can aslo obtain it programmatically.However management-console gives you lot of details.Please let me know if you want to obtain stats via program. I will let you know how to do it.

Cheers!!

Gyan Awasthi
Terracotta -A Software AG company
rvansa

journeyman

Hi gyan,

I am interested in programmatic way of obtaining these statistics.
I am a bit perplexed by the fact that I see the statistics per client. There's also the "all nodes", which is probably the aggregation of records from all nodes.

Is there something like server statistics per cache? I have s cluster with two mirror groups, each with two nodes (one active and one mirror). How do I see how many entries are stored in each strip of each cache, and what's is the load on each strip? How can I see how much memory is used on each server?

In Application Data tab there are some nice charts but these are only focused on clients. In Monitoring tab there are the Runtime stats but these show only live object count per the whole server, nothing directly related to each cache (and the same for the another 5 charts). No detailed memory stats.

Thanks
rmahajan

journeyman

I believe you can only have one mirror group/stripe with the Big memory Max Free edition ? Are you running those mirror groups independently ?

Forum Index -> BigMemory
Go to: