[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Running a job every N seconds only if the previous job completed its work  XML
Forum Index -> Quartz
robydrup

neo

Hi all,
I need to have a single job running every N seconds but only if the previous instance of the same job completed its work. Is that possible to achieve?

Thanks
Roberto
QrtzHelp

journeyman

There's no "free" way to achieve this.

But you could do one of the following:

1- use a trigger than repeats every N seconds, have the job unschedule itself if it "fails" (whatever that means to it).
2- use a single-fire simple trigger to fire the job the first time. have the job schedule itself with a new (single-fire) trigger if it "succeeds".
3- a variation of either #1 or #2 where a JobListener does the work of scheduling/unscheduling the job.

robydrup

neo

Hi,
thanks for you answer. The problem is slightly different, I don't have to block the next execution if the job fails, but I only need to fire the next execution ONLY if the previous execution completed (I don't care whether it succeed or fails, I just care about running or not).
So what I want to make sure, is not to have to execution at the same time.
jhouse

seraphim
[Avatar]

If all you want to do is prevent concurrent execution, then the simplest solution is to make the job class implement StatefulJob instead of Job.

Forum Index -> Quartz
Go to: