[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
BigMemory Go: offheap feature in trial license?  XML
Forum Index -> BigMemory
ksanghav

neo

I want to test overflow to off heap feature in trial license. It won't let me. I get this error below. Is it even possible to test that feature in a trial license of BigMemory Go??

java -Denv=dev -Dcom.tc.productkey.path=/home/xx/terracotta-license.key -jar start.jar

java -Denv=dev -Djetty.logs=$JETTY_HOME/logs -Dcom.tc.productkey.path=/home/ksanghav/terracotta-license.key -jar start.jar

Caused by: net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: Cache xxx cannot be configured because the enterprise features manager could not be found. You must use an enterprise version of Ehcache to successfully enable overflowToOffHeap.
at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.initialise(Cache.java:1081)
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.initializeEhcache(CacheManager.java:1298)
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.addCacheNoCheck(CacheManager.java:1329)
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.addCache(CacheManager.java:1227)
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.addCache(CacheManager.java:1194)

Thanks
Kunal

ljacomet

master

Hi Kunal,

You need to get an Enterprise version of Ehcache in order to test this.
For that you can download BigMemory Go. You cannot use the ehcache jar found in Maven.

You will then have to add the ehcache-ee jar found under <KIT_ROOT>/lib to your classpath instead of the OSS ehcache jar.

Regards,

Louis Jacomet
Terracotta engineer
ksanghav

neo

So I cannot test the feature in trial license? That is interesting. I wanted to make a buying decision based on how effectively the off heap feature works for me.

-Kunal
ljacomet

master

Of course you can test it with the trial license.

I was just saying you need a different jar, which you will be able to download at the location indicated.

Regards,

Louis Jacomet
Terracotta engineer

Forum Index -> BigMemory
Go to: