[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: xmoravej  XML
Profile for xmoravej -> Messages posted by xmoravej [5]
If you are still looking for a Quartz GUI manager / monitor, or an alternative tool to what you already use, please take a look at the QuartzDesk project that I am the founder of. It provides the functionality that you are after and much more.

Regards,
Jan Moravec
Hi,

The JMX/RMI interface, as suggested by jhouse, is definitely the way to go. I would not recommend querying the Quartz scheduler tables directly.

Personally I prefer the JMX (MBean) API over the RMI API simply because the JMX API allows your monitoring application to remain loosely coupled with Quartz. Whereas with the RMI API, your monitoring application must be bundled with the Quartz API (dependency jar).

If you want, take a look at QuartzDesk, which does probably much more then what you are after (Quartz scheduler monitoring - running/not running). QuartzDesk supports REST monitoring API to monitor individual jobs, triggers, and schedulers.

In the context of monitoring/notifications, I am pretty sure you would love the QuartzDesk Notification rules that keep you notified whenever a pre-defined condition occurs while executing a Quartz job. You can use JavaScript expressions to create the conditions. The cool thing is that the JavaScript condition can (beside other job execution related data) access the job execution log and analyze it and based on that trigger a notification message (email, IM, web-service invocation).

Jan Moravec (QuartzDesk Founder)
Hi,

I'm excited to announce a new release (1.0.13) of our QuartzDesk product aimed at all Java developers using the Quartz scheduler in their applications as well as system administrators looking after these applications.

QuartzDesk is a self-hosted Java Quartz web application that provides many powerful features such as:

• Support for Quartz 1.x and 2.x schedulers.
  • Persistent job execution history.
  • Support for all major databases.
  • Job execution log message capturing (all popular Java logging frameworks supported).
  • Notifications (email, all popular IM protocols, web-service).
  • Support for server-side JavaScript notification conditions.
  • Interactive execution statistics and charts.
  • REST API for job / trigger / scheduler monitoring.
  • QuartzAnywhere web-service to manage / monitor Quartz schedulers from applications.
  • and more

We offer a Lite (free) edition with somewhat limited functionality (but entirely sufficient for simple deployments) and non-free Standard and Enterprise editions that come with 12 months of support and free upgrades. 30-day free trial licenses are available for non-free editions.

The QuartzDesk Team

• You can also use our brand new product QuartzDesk which is a full-featured Quartz scheduler management and monitoring GUI.

Here is an overview of all currently available features.

QuartzDesk comes in three editions - Lite (free, no support) and Standard and Enterprise that differ in the features available. See the feature comparison matrix for details.

Jan Moravec
    QuartzDesk Founder
    Hello,
    If you need a decent Quartz scheduler management and monitoring GUI, then please check the QuartzDesk project that I am the founder of.

QuartzDesk is a self-hosted Java web application that provides many powerful features such as:

• Support for Quartz 1.x and 2.x schedulers.
  • Persistent job execution history.
  • Support for all major databases.
  • Job execution log message capturing.
  • Notifications (email, all popular IM protocols, web-service).
  • Server-side JavaScript notification notification conditions.
  • Interactive execution statistics and charts.
  • REST API for job / trigger / scheduler monitoring.
  • QuartzAnywhere web-service to manage / monitor Quartz schedulers from applications.
  • and more

We offer a Lite (free) edition with limited functionality and Standard and Enterprise editions with 1 year support and free upgrades.

Best regards,
    Jan Moravec

•  
    Profile for xmoravej -> Messages posted by xmoravej [5]
    Go to: