[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: Ostia  XML
Profile for Ostia -> Messages posted by Ostia [4]
Is it correct to state that with DSO one is going to cluster the whole Tomcat - to a low level - while with Terracotta Express you are moving the session handling to a higher level by clustering the sessions only?

Being the TIM module for Tomcat (all versions!) removed from the latest Terracotta releases, does that mean that is DSO for Tomcat deprecated for some reasons, is that true?

Many thanks
Nope, it is not working with Tomcat 6 neither.

Do this stuff works somehow and for somebody?
--
Ostia Maledetta
This morning we moved our environment to Java 6 (downgrading from Java 7).

We run a cluster of three terracotta 3.7.4 servers.
We configured our three Tomcat 7 (our clients) with a Valve so that they will use the cluster. They do: they join the cluster.
When we initiate a new session, the session shows up in the Terracotta Dev Console.

When we shut down that client, the session disappears rather than staying there.

Is that normal?
Is JDK 1.6 (64 bit) with Tomcat 7 supported?

Thank you.
--
Ostia Maledetta

rajoshi wrote:
Terracotta 3.6.2 doesn't support redhat6. 

Why don't you state that in the download page?
I lost all my day because

1 - tim-tomcat isn't there anymore. RAUS
2 - using session clustering doesn't share anything

Clients do connect to the server array and are very happy with that.
The problem is, when I shut down that tomcat instance, its session are totally lost.
So this is perfectly normal because I am using too much of an advanced operating system and too much of a modern Java and Tomcat version, is that true?

Thank you very much
--
Ostia Maledetta

Profile for Ostia -> Messages posted by Ostia [4]
Go to: