[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: sejer  XML
Profile for sejer -> Messages posted by sejer [1]
Hi,
I am looking into starting to use Quartz as batch job scheduler for a project which has previously had their batch processing performed under OPC control on MVS. And have a few questions I hope someone can answer:

- does Quartz come with a Web GUI ? It is hinted it does on this site: http://onjava.com/onjava/2005/09/28/what-is-quartz.html. Where would I find it - and what are its functionalities ?

- as far as I have been able to determine, jobchaining can be established either in terms of coding ones own listeners to start one job on completion of another - or by direct triggering of the next job as the last step of the execute() method of the previous job. What about more complex dependencies, where job C depends on the completion of jobs A and B. How is this handled ? And can jobchains be "configured" rather than coded ?

- handling of jobs that end in error and needs to be rerun, potentially after correcting data or fixing the code. How can this be achieved ? For instance, if the job is in the middle of a jobchain where the first job is triggered by the scheduler and a trigger and has completed successfully with triggering the second job in the chain as the last step in its execute() method. If this second job then fails. what means exist to rerun this second job and have the rest of the jobs in the chain executed ?

Thanks and regards,
Palle

Profile for sejer -> Messages posted by sejer [1]
Go to: