[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: fachhoch  XML
Profile for fachhoch -> Messages posted by fachhoch [3]
I tried finding tutorials, it really did not help me.
My case I have some huge user manuals which I want ehcache to put in disk storage and my code will be calling cache to get the file .Please suggest me if there is any example which stores a file in disk storage and user calling cache to retrieve the file
my job has to process lot of data , so once started it would keep on going ,the data is so big that it might take days to finish the job ,it processes in batches , I load data using record count ,finish them then recall the same method so it loads the next batch and processes them , I need suggestions on how to kill the job for the day , simplest and bad way is to check the system time if it is 6 in morning just donot go for the next batch , I am wondering if I can control this using schduler , or trigger to kill the job after 6 in the moning , and not my job needs to know about this.

I dont mean to kill the job for ever , but just for that day , so the next day it should behave normally

I am using quartz to run my jobs.
Right now I have the code to send me email in case any exception occurs in my job ,I am wondering If I can move this code to scheduler ,that way all my jobs need not have the code to send email in case of exceptions ?
Please suggest is there nay method which I can override to implement this?

Profile for fachhoch -> Messages posted by fachhoch [3]
Go to: