[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Change some attribute of ehcache on tc server with permanent-store  XML
Forum Index -> General
blackza

neo

Hi,
after playing around with tc & ehcache I found some problem that
I want to change timeToIdleSeconds and timeToLiveSeconds of a cache.

I try to config new value and restart client but look like these values never change as I need.

then I have to stop tc server and try remove /data/objectdb/
then I can see this value change.

(I see values changed from tc admin console, also notice expected result after running client)

I plan to use tc as cluster with permanent-store, I don't want to loss any earlier data and I think I have to change these values on production environment occasionally, how can I solve this?

I think normally ehcache can change these values just by restart app.
amiller

ophanim

Interesting request...haven't seen this one before. Those values are indeed saved in a config object in clustered state so will persist.

I think the only reason we couldn't diff and update if different is that the cache stores a lot of state regarding expiration and would still be operating from the original values (until existing items expired). I think the cost of revising expiration times for every item in the cache is likely to be quite expensive. Any opinion on whether that would be ok or not?

I'd recommend that you file an enhancement request in our JIRA system under the Terracotta Forge Projects for tim-ehcache.

http://jira.terracotta.org/jira/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa

Alex Miller (Terracotta Engineer) - Want to post to the forums? Sign up here
[WWW]

Forum Index -> General
Go to: