[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Start-up NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest  XML
Forum Index -> General
mbesosa

neo

I'm in the process of moving a dso mode application running on Terracotta 3.3 to express mode on 3.7.3. To get started, I installed (the open source) terracotta-3.7.3-installer.jar, ran it, and created a minimal server configuration. When I try to start this configuration, the server fails with a NoClassDefFoundError for HttpServletRequest. Taking a look at the Class-Path: attribute of the tc.jar manifest, I see some questionable entries, including the following:

thirdparty-3.7.3.jar
servlet-api-2.5-6.1.8.jar

Neither of these JARs is present in TC_HOME/lib, and the name of the second (which should contain HttpServletRequest) looks corrupt to me.

If I edit the class path in the start-tc-server script to include a known good copy of servlet-api.jar, the server comes up without error.

Attached is the log produced when I attempt to bring up this configuration.
 Filename terracotta-server.log [Disk] Download
 Description Demonstrates exception on start-up.
 Filesize 20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  269 time(s)

yzhang

neo

Hi, thanks for the report and sorry for the inconvenience. The servlet api jar was removed as part of refactoring and a new jar needed to be added which we will try to fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, as you note, you can copy a good version of servlet-api-2.5-6.1.8.jar into your TC_HOME/lib dir.

Forum Index -> General
Go to: