[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Terracotta troubleshooting  XML
Forum Index -> General
terracha

journeyman

Hi,

I'm new to Terracotta and I've inherited a job where I need to be able to understand and troubleshoot Terracotta which I don't really feel like i understand enough right now.

I've read some of the documentation, however some things are still not clear to me.

- What's the relation between Tomcat sessions and Terracotta sessions? If i see sessions in my Terracotta developer console, does that mean we're using Terracotta Web sessions? I read in the documentation that's a paid product but I believe the version we are using is open source.

- I've tried to install and get working Terracotta on our dev environment but I couldn't duplicate the production environment because for some reason, the Ehcache and hibernate under "My Application" would not show up like they do on our production site. Any idea?

That's what i can think of for now to get me going.

Thanks!
Charles
gyan10

ophanim

Terracotta sessions are clustered sessions. you can cluster your web sessions (whether your application is deployed in tomcat or any other web server). Terracotta web session comes in both version open source and paid licensed version.
If you can see sessions on Terracotta developer console that means it is working fine.
I am not sure why are you failing to do on your production site.
You can try sample example given on terracotta site.
http://terracotta.org/documentation/web-sessions/get-started

Cheers!!!!

Gyan Awasthi
Terracotta -A Software AG company
terracha

journeyman

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

As far as Ehcache and Hibernate not showing up in "My Application", any idea what that could be. I found articles on the Terracotta site and I believe I had the right jars in the classpath.

Thanks,
Charles
lahiru

neo

Hi Terracha,

Did you managed to find a solution for the second question of your original post. I too have the same issue.

Regards,
Lahiru
terracha

journeyman

Hi Lahiru,

I have solved it but I basically just copied my production terracotta instance and changed config so it applied to my local network and this did the job.

If you don't have this luxury, I can try to help but I would need more details.

Cheers,
Terracha
lahiru

neo

I'm a newbee. I just downloaded the open source terracotta server kit and tryout the <tc_home>/ehcache/samples/colorcache sample.

I managed to start the tc-server, the jetty instances and managed to work with the two apps linked via tc_server.

But when I start the dev-console and connect to the tc_server jmx port it does not show the My Application node or the short cut buttons at the top.

Nevertheless, I can access the ehcache from jconsole jmx viewer.

Wondering whether its a limitation in open sourced version?
terracha

journeyman

Hi,

I'm not sure what you downloaded but we are using the terracotta open source package and there seems to be no limitations.

Maybe you need the terracotta-session*.jar and the terracotta-toolkit*.jar in your jetty lib folder? We use tomcat here.

Cheers,
Terracha
lahiru

neo

I'm using Terracotta 3.7.4 dowloaded using following url (First download option)

http://terracotta.org/downloads/open-source/catalog

The sample I try out does not have terracotta-session but it has the ehcache-terracotta and terracotta-toolkit. It could be due the sample does not illustrate on terracotta-session features.

What version do you use? Could be downloaded?
terracha

journeyman

We use version 3.4.1 so I would venture your version would be better than this one and that shouldn't be the issue.

Still might be worth a try I suppose.

Cheers,
Terracha
lahiru

neo

Thanks. I'm planning to continue other research with jconsole until this becomes a real bottleneck.
lahiru

neo

Hi,

Found the solution for my problem. I had to set JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true" before starting the tc-server.

Cheers,
Lahiru
simonkk

neo

I am so glad this internet thing works and your article really helped me. Might take you up on that home advice you

mac cosmetics wholesale
mac hello kitty collection
mac eyeshadow palettes
Wholesale Mac Cosmetics

Tory Burch Outlet
[WWW]

Forum Index -> General
Go to: