[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Auto create jobs after server shutdown  XML
Forum Index -> Quartz
Anonymous

Hello,

I'm a new user of Quartz and want to set it up with a database. I've encounted a small problem that I hope you can help with.

When I have created jobs and triggers in the database that I have associated Quartz with and I shutdown the Quartz server, is there anyway that it can auto import the jobs and triggers already stored in the database into the scheduler?

/Jeppe
jhouse

seraphim
[Avatar]

I'm not fully sure I understand your question... but here goes.

If you have a scheduler that is configured to use the jdbc jobstore, then any jobs and triggers you schedule will be placed in the database. If your application restarts, so long as you create a scheduler pointed at the same database tables, all of those stored jobs and triggers will resume.

Do NOT ever write data to the database tables yourself. Always use the scheduler API.
jpp

neo

Yes that was what I was looking for. Don't know why it didn't work at the begining but it is now. Thanks.

Since I am supposed to use the API, and not directly inserting jobs/triggers into the database, how would I best bridge a php/mysql application to work with Quartz? For instance I want to be able to make jobs/triggers from my php application.

I read in another thread that it's supposedly something being worked on (command line utility / gui ) that I would probably be able to call from php?

I have started working on a simple implementation using RMI that I can use as a command line utility to add and remove jobs but I'm wondering if something similar has already been made?

/Jeppe

Forum Index -> Quartz
Go to: