[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: armyant  XML
Profile for armyant -> Messages posted by armyant [4]
thanks so much for your reply, I'm really appreciated.

Just want to confirm point 2 from you. Refer back to the cache configuration that I've set in my first post, does the attribute timeToLiveSeconds (TTL) applies to the object in the off heap?

I presumed you are saying when the TTL becomes true for the object in the off heap, this object will be marked as expired, it will be removed whenever eviction kicks or memory pressure. Is that what you mean?

In fact the situation we've got is almost 1G objects will be located in off heap per day. if the object never expire until JVM restarts, we will have serious trouble.
Hi all, Anyone know which tool can monitor the big memory off heap cache? Cheers

Or anyone can advise me which tool you are using to monitor the off heap memory. Possibly I can start my investigation of using those tool. Thanks
Hi all,

My cache configuration is set as follow, the timeToLiveSeconds is set to 5 minutes.

I've loaded something into this holding.historic cache.
I can see this by looking into the Jmxconsole via CacheMonitorService, however I can't see this cache drop out from the memory after 5 minutes.

If the cache is not set to use offHeap, I can see it drop out from memory without problem.

Anyone can give me a hand on this will be much appreciated. Cheers

<cache name="holdings.historic"
statistics="false"
maxEntriesLocalHeap="100"
maxBytesLocalOffHeap="3G"
eternal="false"
overflowToDisk="false"
copyOnRead="false"
memoryStoreEvictionPolicy="LFU"
overflowToOffHeap="True"
timeToLiveSeconds="300"
>