[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: qwerty53  XML
Profile for qwerty53 -> Messages posted by qwerty53 [52] Go to Page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next 
Say I have a job that accesses some remote location. Say it gets stuck and never returns. I need this job to be stateful. So if it never returns from the remote call all system is dead.
What is the solution for this in clustered environment (I have too machines connected to the same database doing the same thing) so machine #1 can actually start the call and then drop dead so I need the other machine to be able to deal with this.

Much obliged!
PreparedStatement ps = conn.prepareStatement("SELECT * FROM QRTZ_" + StdJDBCConstants.TABLE_TRIGGERS);

ResultSet resultSet = ps.executeQuery();

while (resultSet.next()) {
Blob parameters=resultSet.getBlob(StdJDBCConstants.COL_JOB_DATAMAP);

What next? How do I convert it to string or somehow retrieve the parameters that were passed to the trigger?
Hi,
Quartz 1.8.3 (no I cant upgrade) will trigger that is scheduled to be processed ASAP guaranteed to be processed before the one that was scheduled later one (same type and also ASAP)?

Thank you.

light5 wrote:
Hello qwerty53,

Have you tried these?

http://quartz-scheduler.org/api/1.8.1/org/quartz/Scheduler.html#getCurrentlyExecutingJobs()

http://quartz-scheduler.org/api/1.8.1/org/quartz/Scheduler.html#getTriggerState(java.lang.String, java.lang.String)

It's not cluster aware
Hello,
Quartz 1.8.3 (no I cant upgrade).
How to get all running jobs in all clusters? Also what is the interface to access the QRTZ_TRIGGERS table to get all jobs that are blocked and reverse them?

Thank you.
Code:
The job (ABC.XYZ) referenced by the trigger does not exist.org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Couldn't store trigger 'MT_acj55lrg5e8gg' for 'XYZ' job:The job (ABC.XYZ) referenced by the trigger does not exist. [See nested exception: org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: The job (ABC.XYZ) referenced by the trigger does not exist.]

Any ideas? My db is fine.
it is not quartz db. It is my own stuff. And I isolated it into separate qrtz job. So when it runs too long I want to kill it form another job that just runs and monitors triggers that have ran for long.....
I know but is there an API to do that?
I have not found one.
I know what you want to hear. But it wont help. My problems is code of the job I am trying to kill gets stuck in the jdbc call and never comes back... So no checks of whether the thread is interrupted are possible.

By the way. Even manual deletion of the job does not work. It just does not want to get deleted from the db. I am doing it with prepared statement
Yes I implemented the interrupt() method and all my job classes implement interrubtablejob interface. The question is what to do inside of that method.
What is the best approach? what I am doing is removing the record form FIRED_TRIGGERS
What I really want to do is to kill the thread
Hello,
I am doing scheduler.interrupt() and the task I am interrupting is still running.

Thanks.
any ideas?

Thanks.
What is quartz where?

How do I make a scheduler to run in current cluster only?
Thank you very much! But what is node and what do you mean by went down? The jvm was not restarted.
If node for some reason could not communicate with the db once does it try again? How this works?

thanks

Profile for qwerty53 -> Messages posted by qwerty53 [52] Go to Page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next 
Go to: