[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: ss_cwi  XML
Profile for ss_cwi -> Messages posted by ss_cwi [3]
Can BigMemory be used with open source Ehcache? Or do we need to upgrade to and license Enterprise Ehcache in order to use BigMemory?

Thanks in advance!

Replying to my own initial question! I think we have resolved the issue.

Turns out that the client was NOT using VMWare; instead they were using Citrix Xen. We discovered in a posting that this VM software apparently blocks multicast traffic from the 239.*.*.* range.

So we changed the multicast port to be something else (we used 235.*.*.*) and it seems to be working fine now!

Wanted to post this info in case it helps other users.
We have been using ehcache for a while successfully. We've implement cache replication using automatic peer discovery and multicasting. It works great.

However, now some clients are moving to VMs and it appears that the peer discovery is not working. The ehcache configuration is identical (the exact same files), so I'm assuming that the problem is that VMWare is not handling the multicasting properly. Does anybody know of any issues with VMWare and multicasting and how to get around it?

Thanks in advance.

Profile for ss_cwi -> Messages posted by ss_cwi [3]
Go to: