[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: gdanov  XML
Profile for gdanov -> Messages posted by gdanov [4]
Hi,
My question is about the technology editions w.r.t. licensing, not about the technology itself. Anyway, your reply answers my question, thanks!

G
Hi,
Reading the DSO documentation (http://www.terracotta.org/confluence/display/docs/How+DSO+Clustering+Works) I see this sentence:

"If even more capacity is required, active servers can be added as needed to stripe and mirror your Network Attached Memory across an n-way server array."

Does this mean that If I use the open source edition of Terracotta DSO, I can run many active servers in the same cluster? Do I get to have heap that can be bigger than the heap available to one VM?

Best Regards,
Georgi
hi,
Can you please provide links to the blogs you have in mind?

Best Regards,
Georgi
Hi,
I went through all the documentation on the site, read the code of tim-async (and the test cases), however could not find answer to the following question:
- is it possible when I use partitioned cache to have transparent loading and storing of entries? What this means to me is when I do
Code:
cache.get(key) or 
 cache.put(key, value)

I expect the loading from DB (when value is missing) and the storing (when updated) to happen transparently (from client POV) in the background.

What I understand is that my code has to take care to interact with the cache store via tim-async and the code must look like this
Code:
try{
   cache.put(key,apple);
   asyncCoordinator.add(apple); //and here the ItemProcessor updates the apple in the DB
 }....

I read carefully the wiki http://www.terracotta.org/confluence/display/docs/DSO+Async+Processing however it is not clearly specified there if the cache detects the cache-miss and entity update events and delegates to tim-async, or if the client code must delegate to tim-async

P.S. I did my best, but could not find on the site the sources of the examinator app. All links eventually lead to the binaries and tim-async wiki page claims that the examinator app does not use DSO anymore?

Profile for gdanov -> Messages posted by gdanov [4]
Go to: