[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: bradrust  XML
Profile for bradrust -> Messages posted by bradrust [8]
I was under the impression that using this ConcurrentDistributedMap was an abstraction to using a Map with an clustered ehcache backing. I have seen references to source code which has a reference to the ehcache Cache instance that is used for this abstraction.

I was looking to take advantage of making a Map cluster backed via ehcache via ConcurrentDistributedMap. However, I am have a *very* difficult time tracking down where that implementation exists with regard to terracotta-toolkit-*.jar's.

I can't figure out if that is only available in the ee version.

Thanks,
Brad
We are configured in DSO mode with the following components (and for the most part operating correctly with regard to what terracotta is supposed to do):

terracotta-3.4.0
spring-3.0.4
hibernate-3.5.6
ehcache-2.2.0

Everything appears to be working (except for why I am posting) correctly wrt to WebSession replication, Hibernate second level caching with ehcache, and DSO root functionality.

However, after a certain amount of stress-testing, one or more of the appservers (tomcat instances) starts to throw these InstantiationExceptions complaining about a defaultConstructor. The code previous to "breaking" is covered in the stress test. From that point, this particular class is always "broken" until the appserver is restarted -- like it's been instrumented or modified in the JVM.

Anyway, it appears someone else had this issue back in terracotta 2 and I am wondering if that was re-introduced or if there is something that I have mis-configured. http://forums.terracotta.org/forums/posts/list/319.page

We are using hibernate-3.5.6 and I have *not* been able to get the tim-hibernate-entity working. (It fails during startup where the terracotta classes are looking for a VERSION field in a hibernate class). Anyway, the fact that I am adding net.sf..* and org.hibernate..* to instrumented classes could be significant but I really really don't want to roll-back hibernate upgrades and all appears to be working otherwise.

Below is my tc-config for my appservers and a snippet of the exception.

Code:
 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<tc:tc-config xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.terracotta.org/schema/terracotta-5.xsd" xmlns:tc="http://www.terracotta.org/config" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<servers>
     <server name="tc1">
       <dso-port>59510</dso-port>
       <jmx-port>59520</jmx-port>
       <l2-group-port>59530</l2-group-port>
       <data>/tc/terracotta-data/server-logs</data>
       <logs>/tc/terracotta-data/server-logs</logs>
       <statistics>/tc/terracotta-data/server-statistics</statistics>
       <dso>
         <persistence>
           <mode>permanent-store</mode>
         </persistence>
       </dso>
     </server>
     <server name="tc2">
       <dso-port>59510</dso-port>
       <jmx-port>59520</jmx-port>
       <l2-group-port>59530</l2-group-port>
       <data>/tc/terracotta-data/server-logs</data>
       <logs>/tc/terracotta-data/server-logs</logs>
       <statistics>/tc/terracotta-data/server-statistics</statistics>
       <dso>
         <persistence>
           <mode>permanent-store</mode>
         </persistence>
       </dso>
     </server>
   </servers>
   <!--Tell DSO where to put the generated client logs See the Terracotta DSO Guide for additional information. -->

<clients>
     <modules>
       <repository>company/lib</repository>
       <module name="tim-tomcat-6.0" version="2.2.1" />
       <module name="tim-ehcache-2.x" version="1.6.1" />
     </modules>
     <logs>/tc/terracotta-data/client-logs</logs>
   </clients>
   <application>
     <dso>

<!-- needed for TreeMap -->
       <additional-boot-jar-classes>
         <include>java.lang.String$CaseInsensitiveComparator</include>
       </additional-boot-jar-classes>

<instrumented-classes>
         <include>
           <class-expression>org.springframework.security..*</class-expression>
         </include>
         <include>
           <class-expression>com.company..*</class-expression>
           <honor-transient>true</honor-transient>
         </include>

<!-- flex remoting -->
         <include>
           <class-expression>flex.messaging..*</class-expression>
         </include>
         <include>
           <class-expression>org.granite.messaging..*</class-expression>
         </include>

<!-- needed for hibernate 2nd level cache (could not get the tim-hibernate to work) -->
         <include>
           <class-expression>org.hibernate..*</class-expression>
         </include>
         <include>
           <class-expression>net.sf..*</class-expression>
         </include>

<!-- Exclude tomcat internals to improve performance of webapp loading -->
         <exclude>org.apache.coyote..*</exclude>
         <exclude>org.apache.catalina..*</exclude>
         <exclude>org.apache.jasper..*</exclude>
         <exclude>org.apache.tomcat..*</exclude>
       </instrumented-classes>
       <!--Tell DSO which applications in your web container is using DSO -->

<!-- was getting locking issues with hibernate under load (could not get the tim-hibernate to work) -->
       <locks>
         <autolock auto-synchronized="true">
           <method-expression>* org.hibernate.cache.ReadWriteCache$Lock.lock(..)</method-expression>
           <lock-level>write</lock-level>
         </autolock>
         <autolock auto-synchronized="true">
           <method-expression>* org.hibernate.cache.ReadWriteCache$Lock.unlock(..)</method-expression>
           <lock-level>write</lock-level>
         </autolock>
       </locks>

<web-applications>
         <web-application>product</web-application>
       </web-applications>

</dso>
   </application>
 </tc:tc-config>

Code:
 org.hibernate.InstantiationException: No default constructor for entity: com.company.model.arts.CustomerAffiliationId
         at org.hibernate.tuple.PojoInstantiator.instantiate(PojoInstantiator.java:107)
         at org.hibernate.tuple.component.AbstractComponentTuplizer.instantiate(AbstractComponentTuplizer.java:102)
         at org.hibernate.type.ComponentType.instantiate(ComponentType.java:510)
         at org.hibernate.type.ComponentType.instantiate(ComponentType.java:516)
         at org.hibernate.type.ComponentType.assemble(ComponentType.java:565)
         at org.hibernate.type.ManyToOneType.assembleId(ManyToOneType.java:257)
         at org.hibernate.type.ManyToOneType.assemble(ManyToOneType.java:241)
         at org.hibernate.collection.PersistentSet.initializeFromCache(PersistentSet.java:147)
         at org.hibernate.cache.entry.CollectionCacheEntry.assemble(CollectionCacheEntry.java:58)
         at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultInitializeCollectionEventListener.initializeCollectionFromCache(DefaultInitializeCollectionEventListener.java:159)
         at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultInitializeCollectionEventListener.onInitializeCollection(DefaultInitializeCollectionEventListener.java:71)
         at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.initializeCollection(SessionImpl.java:1853)
         at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.initialize(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:369)
         at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.read(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:111)
         at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.readSize(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:134)
         at org.hibernate.collection.PersistentSet.isEmpty(PersistentSet.java:169)
         at com.company.service.impl.CustomerManagerImpl.convertToCustDTO(CustomerManagerImpl.java:819)

Two tools I was using were

* Zenoss via ZenJMX (http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-3396). We use that for monitoring tomcat, activemq, and other JVMs.

* jmxterm - command line jmx browser of sorts (http://wiki.cyclopsgroup.org/jmxterm:manual)

Mainly we wanted to have some nice statistics monitoring in Zenoss to comliment the other jmx stats for tomcat, etc... Requests, Object counts (any session related data), etc...

Is there any other alternative to connecting to the jmx mbean? I can't figure out how to make this work with any other tools (except jconsole noted in the thread).

I need to monitor this remotely. How are people accomplishing this task without running the dev-console?

Is there some other form of URL which would solve this?
That worked thank you.

Now I need to work on incorporating this concept in the monitor tool we are using which uses a jmx client to attach. But at least I have something to work with.
I did notice that com.sun.management.jmxremote was not set to anything other than empty string. Unless the reason it is listed in the SystemProperties is that it is set and not null.

[main] INFO com.tc.logging.TCLogging - All Java System Properties for this Terracotta instance:
========================================================================
cluster-forceshutdown : true
com.sun.management.jmxremote :
I have a terracotta instance with a tc-config jmx port setting of 19520. From remote machines I can telnet to that port and get jmx related binary responses.

However, when trying to connect from jconsole or other thirdparty jmx clients, I get the following exception... "with a root cause of non-JRMP server at remote endpoint".

error connecting to server:Failed to connect to service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://10.200.12.233:19520/jmxrmi [Nested Exception: java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: non-JRMP server at remote endpoint]]

I have tried several mutations of connect URL's from jconsole -- all without specifying login credentials. (e.g., service:jmx:jmxmp://10.200.12.233:19520)

I can however connect via process id from a jconsole on the machine running the terracotta instance. It appears to be a problem for me only from remote machine. The dev-console can connect just fine.

using terracotta-3.0.1

server section of tc-config.xml
<dso-port>19510</dso-port>
<jmx-port>19520</jmx-port>
<l2-group-port>19530</l2-group-port>

snippet from terracotta server logs
[main] INFO com.terracottatech.console - JMX Server started. Available at URL[service:jmx:jmxmp://0.0.0.0:19520]

Profile for bradrust -> Messages posted by bradrust [8]
Go to: