[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: jbppsu  XML
Profile for jbppsu -> Messages posted by jbppsu [2]
No, I haven't done any benchmarks. There is certainly going to be a performance penalty, but for our application the data we are caching has to be encrypted in transit. So if we are going to distribute the cache it must use SSL.

I did not use OpenSSL. Starting with Java 5.0 there are two classes SslRMIServerSocketFactory and SslRMIClientSocketFactory that can be used to create secure RMI sockets. I just reworked the ehcache code to use those classes instead of RMIClientSocketFactory and RMIServerSocketFactory when some configuration flags are set.
I've put together a patch to allow distributed caching using RMI over SSL. Both the registry and the RMI calls are encrypted. It can be configured through options in the ehcache.xml file.

Unfortunately, it took awhile for me to get the go ahead to submit this. My changes were done on version 1.7.1. It will probably take a little bit of work to include these changes in the current version (I haven't explored this yet).

Before I go through the work of upgrading what I did to the latest version of ehcache I wanted to see if this is something that would get included in future releases if I submit it?

Profile for jbppsu -> Messages posted by jbppsu [2]
Go to: