[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: klalithr  XML
Profile for klalithr -> Messages posted by klalithr [482] Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 , ... 31, 32, 33 Next 
This forum is for Open Source Users only. Äs you are using ehcache with webmethods - please call webmethods Support line.
Killing L2 is not simulating a L1 disconnect. The way I simulate an L1 disconnect is to use the kill SIGSTOP command on the process ID.
The correct behavior of Terracotta will be determined by the heartbeating used (usually in such cases, it will seems like a GC pause).

The way customer use this in production is deploy TC in active-passive scenario. That way you get a NSPOF.
I would suggest that you out in a feature request JIRA. However, we have an inbuild InMemory data grid that is widely used - BigMemory Go. There is a greater likelyhood that the integration of Quartz and BigMemory Go be more tightly integrated. Keep a watch!
Someone should reach out to you shortly.
3.4 is not supported anymore. You need to upgrade to the latest version.
All technical questions on Go will be handled on the forums.
If you want to redistribute BigMemory Go and want to know the support options, thats our sales team. I will ask one of them to reach out to you directly.
I would suggest that you contact sales@terracottatech.com and you will get your answers.
The Ehcache monitor has been deprecated (replaced by the TMC). Use that going forward.
Alex,

You probably know that the long term solution is to use BigMemory. In the short term use lenient heartbeat settings.

Attached tc-properties in snippet of tc-config.xml attached should help in the short term.
A lot depends on your usecase but I use the Ehcache API for a couple of reasons
a) More control for eviction/expiration
b) Easier scale options using BigMemory

HTH!
I have created a community JIRA

https://jira.terracotta.org/jira/browse/CDV-1653

Please feel free to add additional details and follow it
You probably need to schedule the job using quartz for this.
AFAIK, you cannot have specific serialization strategies based on where elements are stored.
Just pass it as a JVM parameter? No?
Mixing and matching b/w Terracotta and Ehcache versions is certainly not recommended.

Profile for klalithr -> Messages posted by klalithr [482] Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 , ... 31, 32, 33 Next 
Go to: