[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Creating Mirror Server in TSA  XML
Forum Index -> General
srineel

neo

I want to create a active server and mirror.

1)Can the active server and mirror reside in two different Linux boxes ?
2) Where do I need to give the IP address of the boxes so that mirror and active can connect to eah other?
3) I referred documentation . It seems we need to give the entire entry in one tc-config.xml in the active server. Am I correct?
4) I believe I need to copy the server files to other Linux box as well. But if in case if both active and mirror are in same machine do we need to do the same?
5) Sample tc-config.xml for both active and mirror.

rajoshi

seraphim

Please find answers below inline:

1)Can the active server and mirror reside in two different Linux boxes ?

- Yes you can define them on two different physical boxes.

2) Where do I need to give the IP address of the boxes so that mirror and active can connect to eah other?

It is defined in tc-config.xml configuration file.

3) I referred documentation . It seems we need to give the entire entry in one tc-config.xml in the active server. Am I correct?

Yes in tc-cofig.xml we define the complete configuration details related to terracotta set up. Define both active and passive configuration.

4) I believe I need to copy the server files to other Linux box as well. But if in case if both active and mirror are in same machine do we need to do the same?

- NO , you don't need to do anything if they are on same box.

5) Sample tc-config.xml for both active and mirror.

You can get an example of that on our website :

www.terracotta.org

Rakesh Joshi
Senior Consultant
Terracotta.

Forum Index -> General
Go to: