[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
DSO, toolkit, EhCache, BigMemory... what?  XML
Forum Index -> General
dudehook

master

Ok, I've been away from TC for a while, last used it at version 3.1 or something, when I was doing plain DSO (using the annotations), and the "toolkit" API was new. I never got around to moving my code from the annotation-based DSO to the toolkit APIs.

So now, I need to possibly use TC again... but now I'm not sure what version to use or how to use it. Using simple APIs for sharing objects in a cluster seems the easiest - again, my use case is not just "database offloading" or caching or "big memory". I want "clustering" with fine-grained control over what is clustered and how.

So... someone point me in the right direction. Is DSO still at the heart of TC? Is the toolkit API still available for me to use to create shared objects in a cluster? In the old days, the amount of "network attached memory" was limited only by the disk available to my TC servers... is that still true?
[Yahoo!]
rajoshi

seraphim

We would suggest you to go for distributed ehcache , here's the link for it :

http://ehcache.org/documentation/get-started/about-distributed-cache

also yes we do have toolkits available for use , please refer to following link for more details :

http://terracotta.org/documentation/bigmemorymax/terracotta-toolkit/toolkit-intro

Rakesh Joshi
Senior Consultant
Terracotta.
dudehook

master

Thanks-

Are the toolkit APIs available in the open source download of TC?
[Yahoo!]
rajoshi

seraphim

yes it's available in open source too.

Rakesh Joshi
Senior Consultant
Terracotta.

Forum Index -> General
Go to: