[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
How to clean up my whole cluster  XML
Forum Index -> Terracotta for Web Sessions
deepakag

neo

We are a big e-commerce portal. Using Terracotta DSO along with 4 tomcats. The live object count keeps increasing on our Terracotta Server. What is the best way to remove all un-used objects from our Terracotta Server ?

We have 3 roots. We created a JSP file which was invoked on one of the tomcat server. This JSP tried to use clear() on these three ConcurrentDistributedMaps. But still the live object count doesnt go down UNTIL and unless we shut down all tomcats ! API Docs for clear() mentions " clears the map locally on the node that is resides on but doesn't guarantee when this is done on other nodes in the cluster.".

What is the best way so as to clean up our objects on Terracotta ?
klalithr

consul

On a side note, I would strongly recommend you to move to the Express version of the product. This offers more flexibility for scale and performance.

And more specifically, it allows out of the box cleanup options based on size (in MB, GB etc), count, time, events or any custom eviction policy.

Karthik Lalithraj (Terracotta)
deepakag

neo

We are already using Terracotta 3.5.3.
klalithr

consul

I meant move to Terracotta Express - as opposed to Terracotta DSO.

Karthik Lalithraj (Terracotta)

Forum Index -> Terracotta for Web Sessions
Go to: