[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Session id recognized, but session captured is empty  XML
Forum Index -> Terracotta for Web Sessions
worldisw

neo

Hello,

We're facing a problem with Terracotta clustering. We've setup Tomcat + IDP + Shibboleth + Apache for SSO solutions. I've followed the latest web-sessions tutorial. My Terracotta is the latest version and tomcat is of version 6.0.23. Terracotta captures session and recognizes session id which I can compare with brower's listing of session id.

The problem is that, in our dev-console, I see session object totally blank. Can someone tell me the common reason for empty sessions?

At present I am testing it with Terracotta and my setup at single server. No load balancing and other systems are involved. Everything lies at the same physical server.

Any guidelines will be highly appreciated.

---
Thanks
Ganesh
worldisw

neo

Anybody has any idea?
Please help if you can, we are stuck here.
Unless this test succeed, we can't move forward.
ericm

jedi

worldisw wrote:

The problem is that, in our dev-console, I see session object totally blank. Can someone tell me the common reason for empty sessions?

Can you tell me what you mean the session object is totally blank? Do you see the session id? Can you kill your app and bring it back up and the session is still there?

Eric Mizell (Terracotta Engineer)
worldisw

neo

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
From session object empty I mean that I can see only session Id. When I click at session Id, I do not see any items in "Attribute--->Value" pairs in the bottom pane.

Yes, I've killed app many times and braught it up, but no use. I get the same results. App is working perfectly. Since TC can see the session id, that means, it's capturing the session, but can't go beyond capturing session id because, No attributes and values are seen.

Session id goes away when the app session is closed. Earlier I was trying permanent store property in tc-config.xml, then the session Id did not go away, but attribute---->values were not seen.

---
Thanks
Ganesh
rmahajan

journeyman

When you select the individual session, if there are any attribute present , it should display the attribute and values (See Screenshot). Can you please let us know what kind of attributes does that individual session object have ?
[Thumb - ScreenShot.png]
 Filename ScreenShot.png [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  555 time(s)

Forum Index -> Terracotta for Web Sessions
Go to: