[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Steps to configure Terracotta web sessions with my web application  XML
Forum Index -> Terracotta for Web Sessions
test_acc

neo

Hi,

I am new to terracotta and want to use it for session clustering. Can anybody give me the steps to configure / integrate terracotta server with my web application? I am using JBOSS server.

Please help asap.
tcdpope

neo

The instructions for setting up web sessions with JBoss can be found at:

http://terracotta.org/documentation/web-sessions/installation-guide
cemaltot

neo

I wanted some videos related to terracotta web sessions. Can anybody give me good quality videos?

Affordable Kitchen Cabinets
leilamm

neo

Hi,
I had read the instructions and I have a question:
Where I should to save the terracotta-license.key file (trial) at the side client (application server - JBoss)?

ERROR - Terracotta license key is required for Enterprise capabilities. Please place terracotta-license.key in Terracotta installed directory or in resource path. You could also specify it through system property -Dcom.tc.productkey.path=/path/to/key

Thanks,
klalithr

consul

Isnt the error message clear enough ;)

Karthik Lalithraj (Terracotta)
leilamm

neo

Ok, at the application server, I added the context.xml file with the next line:

<Context>
<Valve className="org.terracotta.session.TerracottaJboss60xSessionValve" tcConfigUrl="ip_address_terracotta_server:9510"/>
</Context>

Then, I try to start the JBoss Server and the next message appears:

ERROR - Terracotta license key is required for Enterprise capabilities. Please place terracotta-license.key in Terracotta installed directory or in resource path. You could also specify it through system property -Dcom.tc.productkey.path=/path/to/key

Where I should to save the terracotta-license.key file (trial) at the side client (application server - JBoss)?

Thanks,

leilamm

neo

Ok, at the application server, I added the context.xml file with the next line:

<Context>
<Valve className="org.terracotta.session.TerracottaJboss60xSessionValve" tcConfigUrl="ip_address_terracotta_server:9510"/>
</Context>

Then, I try to start the JBoss Server and the next message appears:

Thanks,

trevorce

neo

Thanks a lot for sharing this Steps to configure Terracotta web sessions with my web application. I've been looking for this online for some time. Anyway, thanks again and keep it up.

stores online
troya

neo

Is there sample of tc-config for clustering terracotta + 2 tomcat node ?

And where i can find file context.xml ? is it on my application or on my apache tomcat ?

if on my application i can't find it, but i find web.xml inside.

I want to config clustering session with terracotta + 2 tomcat node.

Anyone can help me ?
ilevy

consul

http://terracotta.org/documentation/web-sessions/installation-guide
jackson0

journeyman

leilamm wrote:

You can add key to /lib/ application.

Forum Index -> Terracotta for Web Sessions
Go to: