[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Quartz on Tomcat  XML
Forum Index -> Quartz
cxjepa

neo

Hi,

I discovered quartz some weeks ago and after some time spent on trying out the examples in the tutorial I passed to configure Tomcat for quartz usage.
I'm having some trouble adding the required libs to my project. I tested the system with RAMJobStore and everything went quite fine, but when I passed to JDBCJobStore troubles started to show out.
The first error I got was an undefined class exception on deployment, the missing class was CursorableLinkedList. I remark that I'm using netbeans as development tool. After adding all the libs in the build/ folder, the error disapperead, but I can't figure out why.
A second source of confusion is the the presence of many outdated jar in the build/ and optional/ folders. Many of the jars included are already bundled since some times with the sun JDK, and some of them are already included in tomcat libs but switched of package (see for example the digester package).
I really feel I'm acting in a dirty way. Also, I noticed the presence of the javamail api and the activation framework, which seems to suggest that there's some email notification capability.
I would appreciate very much if some good soul could suggest which packages are really needed when configuring quartz under tomcat.

bye
jhouse

seraphim
[Avatar]

> I would appreciate very much if some good soul could suggest which packages are really needed when configuring quartz under tomcat.

There's not going to be any exact answer to that question as it will be dependent upon a number of variables:

* Version of Tomcat
* Version of Quartz
* Features of Quartz you are using
* What libraries your application(s) use
* What libraries you have in your tomcat's shared/common lib folder
* etc.

Quartz has historically "ran behind" on versions of dependent libraries that it uses as it was trying to maintain jdk 1.3 compatibility until recently. (Quartz is heavily used on mainframes and weird environments where jdk 1.3 was for long the only option). So, because some folks were building Quartz with jdk 1.3, things like jdbc2_0-stdext.jar needed to be available for the build.

The core folder contains .jars that are needed to run or build quartz

The build folder contains .jars that are needed if you want to build (compile) Quartz -- but which are probably not needed at runtime because they are likely to already be available via your jdk and/or app server.

The optional folder also contains .jars that are needed if you want to build (compile) Quartz -- but which are only needed during runtime if you use particular features of quartz.

Forum Index -> Quartz
Go to: