[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Need Information  XML
Forum Index -> Terracotta for Spring
rajesh

neo

I am new to TerraCotta, can anyone share some document regarding the following contexts, it may sound simple but I am very anxious to know it,

In what scenario we use TerraCotta Spring i.e the scope of use.
How it is distributed/clustered across JVM of various node?
What are the things we need to have to start with, is AOP is mandatory for TerraCotta Spring Implementation?

Can we use/integrate with Webspehere application server/WSAD?

Expecting positive response

Thanks
Gordon

journeyman

Hi raj,

Let me answer your questions.

In what scenario we use TerraCotta Spring i.e the scope of use. 

Terracotta for Spring can be used with any Spring application across an arbitrary number of nodes. The application can be web or non-web. There are a couple of links that I think will help you dig deeper on this point, the Spring guide

http://www.terracotta.org/confluence/display/docs22/Terracotta+for+Spring+Guide

and to help you imagine the potential uses, our common use cases documentation

http://www.terracotta.org/confluence/display/orgsite/Common+Use+Cases

How it is distributed/clustered across JVM of various node? 

The answer to this question is involved at any level of detail. I would suggest looking at this excellent description of the Terracotta architecture:

http://wiki.terracotta.org/confluence/display/devdocs/Architecture

In short, a central, fault-tolerant Terracotta server coordinates with a small amount of Terracotta code running on each node in the cluster to transparently share data among the nodes, communicating any changes to the shared data in a fine-grained manner only to those nodes which need to be aware of the changes. It is highly efficient and performant as compared with alternative architectures.

What are the things we need to have to start with, is AOP is mandatory for TerraCotta Spring Implementation?  

We are agnostic with respect to your potential use of AOP. To get started, all you need is the Terracotta for Spring download.

Can we use/integrate with Webspehere application server/WSAD?  

Our WebSphere support won't appear until later this year. It is on our roadmap. We currently work out of the box with Tomcat and Weblogic, with beta support for JBoss coming in a few weeks, and beta support for Geronimo in the bits now.

Gordon

Regards,

Gordon
Sr. Systems Engineer
Terracotta, Inc.
Anonymous

Thanks Gordon for your valuable information, now let me tell you the scenario where we are planning to fit TerraCotta, just inform me whether it is ideally correct or not,

We are using J2EE based web application using Struts which supports a variety of presentation layers, including JSP, XML/XSLT, Java Server Faces (JSF), then we are using a Multiplexer to transfer the data from the web application server to the datacenter server, which maintains the persistancy with the datacenter server.

Can we think of using, TerraCotta instead of MULTIPLEXER to maintain the clustering with the datacenter server?
rajesh

neo

The query got posted as anonymous,

Thanks Gordon for your valuable information,
Now let me tell you the scenario where we are planning to fit TerraCotta, just inform me whether it is ideally correct or not,

We are using J2EE based web application using Struts which supports a variety of presentation layers, including JSP, XML/XSLT, Java Server Faces (JSF), then we are using a Multiplexer to transfer the data from the web application server to the datacenter server, which maintains the persistancy with the datacenter server.

Can we think of using, TerraCotta instead of MULTIPLEXER to maintain the clustering with the datacenter server?

Regards
Raj
Anonymous

Seems like you should just be able to use a shared root between the two. One of our guys recently did a demo where he shared a model between a Swing App and a Geronimo web app.

Forum Index -> Terracotta for Spring
Go to: