[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Terracotta 2.5.4 + WebSphere 6.1.0.9 (can't make boot jar for IBM JDK 1.5)  XML
Forum Index -> General
leonid

neo

Hello.

I am trying to make boot jar for WebSphere's JDK, but I am catching exeption:

Code:
Exception in thread "main" com.tc.object.tools.UnsupportedVMException: Cannot determine VM version
         at com.tc.object.tools.BootJarSignature.<init>(BootJarSignature.java:23)
         at com.tc.object.tools.BootJarSignature.getSignatureForThisVM(BootJarSignature.java:52)
         at com.tc.object.tools.BootJarSignature.getBootJarNameForThisVM(BootJarSignature.java:61)
         at com.tc.object.tools.BootJarTool.main(BootJarTool.java:2513)

What is wrong?

And the second question.

If I want to use terracotta, spring and websphere together, I must change the websphere's JVM from IBM JDK to SUN JDK? Or I can instrument a spring beans as a simple POJO classes?

Thanks for the answers.
teck

seraphim
[Avatar]

It seems that our code is getting confused by the version string reported by your particular IBM vm.

Can you do two things for us:
(1) Post the output of "java -version" for your VM
(2) Compile/Run the attached program with your VM

Unfortunately there isn't any special flags or ways to workaround this problem that I know of.

Is is even possible to run websphere with the sun jdk? I was under the impression (although I could certainly be wrong) that websphere had hard dependencies on the IBM VM.

Filename SysProps.java [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 352 bytes
 Downloaded:  238 time(s)

Tim Eck (terracotta engineer)
leonid

neo

teck wrote:
It seems that our code is getting confused by the version string reported by your particular IBM vm.

Can you do two things for us:
(1) Post the output of "java -version" for your VM
(2) Compile/Run the attached program with your VM

Unfortunately there isn't any special flags or ways to workaround this problem that I know of.

Is is even possible to run websphere with the sun jdk? I was under the impression (although I could certainly be wrong) that websphere had hard dependencies on the IBM VM. 

Thank you for response.

I found this page: http://terracotta.org/confluence/display/integrations/IBM+JDK and update IBM JDK. With this JDK I am made boot-jar successfully. You still need compiled program?

And how do you think what can I do with spring?
teck

seraphim
[Avatar]

Glad to hear you got the boot jar working. I don't need any of the requested output.

For spring clustering, you probably want to check out some this guide:
http://www.terracotta.org/confluence/display/howto/Spring+Quick+Start

Also the spring demos that are included with the terracotta distribution are a good place to start

Tim Eck (terracotta engineer)

Forum Index -> General
Go to: