[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
What happened with BigMemory free  XML
Forum Index -> General
jlepagen

neo

Hi,
I just went to Terracotta site and it seems BigMemory Free edition seems no longer available.

However, it seems that a new open-source version of the Terracotta is now available (4.1.0), despite the message indicating that no new major Terracotta release would be provided (that message was there last year when supported open source version was 3.7.x) - this message recommends the usage of BigMemory free edition...

Finally, the download link for the open-source 4.1.0 doesn't work (as of Jan 6 2014 ~15h ET).

Thanks for clarifying the situation!

klalithr

consul

The download link should be working now.
The Community version has been replaced by an extended trial version.
Check out the website for more details.

Karthik Lalithraj (Terracotta)
jlepagen

neo

Hi, thanks for the answer.

So shall I understand that BigMemory is no longer available as a "free" version with 8GB of off-heap, while Terracotta re-introduced support for the open source version (possibly without off-heap?) by making available version 4.1.0?

Speaking of Open source terracotta-4.1.0 download link, I'm still getting either "Access Denied" when selecting the "Download from Amazon CloudFront" link or "SignatureDoesNotMatch" when selecting the "Direct download link".

Thanks

Forum Index -> General
Go to: