[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Simulate misfire?  XML
Forum Index -> Quartz
tr314

neo

I'm looking for a way to simulate or force a trigger misfire programatically. Here's the scenario:

I have a job set to trigger but the job requires some underlying resource that may be unavailable at times. If the resource is unavailable, I would like Quartz to re-fire the trigger later based on the misfire policy.

I've explored two options that are similar but not quite what I'm looking for:
1. Throwing a JobExecutionException with refireImmediately set to true: Works, but doesn't delay execution based on misfire policy; this would hammer the resource availability check.
2. Scheduling a second trigger at some fixed interval of time in the future: Also works, but doesn't take into account misfire policy. This means a job could wind up with a bunch of retries queued up stemming from different failed runs.

Any ideas or anything I'm missing? Thanks!

regalo

neo

I'm testing the same situation with no success. Tried to use Scheduler.pauseAll()/resumeAll() - according to Javadocs "If any Trigger missed one or more fire-times, then the Trigger's misfire instruction will be applied.", but the misfire rule wasn't applied (it's MISFIRE_INSTRUCTION_RESCHEDULE_NEXT_WITH_REMAINING_COUNT).

Forum Index -> Quartz
Go to: