[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Quartz 1.8.6 unable to pause task while in the middle of execution  XML
Forum Index -> Quartz
harageth

neo

I am working with Quartz 1.8.6 and the project I am working on requires that my tasks are in two different databases. There is extra data that we have in the second database that we want to influence our tasks.

So my problem is that during execution of the task we want to potentially pause the task based on a value from the second database. When I execute scheduler.pauseTrigger(taskUuid, user) or scheduler.pauseJob(taskUuid, user) no exceptions are thrown but looking in my database these tasks aren't getting set as paused.
harageth

neo

Nothing is appearing in the logs but I am thinking that this might be an issue with transactions?

Setting org.quartz.scheduler.wrapJobExecutionInUserTransaction to be true in the configuration doesn't seem to be fixing this.

And a little more testing is showing that this is not working even when the tasks aren't firing... But I am able to pause the jobs correctly from other paths just fine. Either way I am not getting any indication of failure anywhere that I can see but this is definitely failing, which makes me very nervous.
klalithr

consul

SoftwareAG sales and myself are reaching out to you offline to go through this scenario and options.

Karthik Lalithraj (Terracotta)
harageth

neo

I have only ever received initial emails and have never received anything in response when I have emailed back. So this is still not resolved for me.

Forum Index -> Quartz
Go to: