[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: jlepagen  XML
Profile for jlepagen -> Messages posted by jlepagen [6]
Hi, thanks for the answer.

So shall I understand that BigMemory is no longer available as a "free" version with 8GB of off-heap, while Terracotta re-introduced support for the open source version (possibly without off-heap?) by making available version 4.1.0?

Speaking of Open source terracotta-4.1.0 download link, I'm still getting either "Access Denied" when selecting the "Download from Amazon CloudFront" link or "SignatureDoesNotMatch" when selecting the "Direct download link".

Thanks
Hi,
I just went to Terracotta site and it seems BigMemory Free edition seems no longer available.

However, it seems that a new open-source version of the Terracotta is now available (4.1.0), despite the message indicating that no new major Terracotta release would be provided (that message was there last year when supported open source version was 3.7.x) - this message recommends the usage of BigMemory free edition...

Finally, the download link for the open-source 4.1.0 doesn't work (as of Jan 6 2014 ~15h ET).

Thanks for clarifying the situation!

Hi,
We're migrating from EhCache/Terracotta 3.4.x version and experimenting with BigMemory 4.0.5.

One of the behavior changes I observed for terracotta-clustered cache is that now it seems not possible to retrieve back a "live" object that has been previously put.

In other words:
Code:
 Cache cache = ...(get a Terracotta-clustered cache from cacheManager)
 Element element = new Element ("key", "value");
 cache.put(element);
 Element retrievedElement = cache.get("key");

System.out.println(element == retrievedElement); // I really meant ==
 // In Terracotta 3.4.x this prints true
 // In BigMemory 4.0.5 this prints false

I understand the necessity for serializing elements for L2 storage (and also understands the necessity for coding on EhCache without assuming the same object identity), but I wonder if this extra deserialization can affect performance?

Please note that I tried several settings, such as copyOnRead/copyOnWrite, pinning, etc. without much success.

Thanks
Hi,
We're trying to upgrade from Terracotta 3.4.x to BigMemory max.
We used to programmatically start the Terracotta server using TCServerMain.

With BigMemory, is it possible to do the same.
1) is there any Maven dependency for downloading the tc server jars?
2) any changes in invoking com.tc.server.TCServerMain?

Thanks
OK thanks
Hi,

I just wish to clarify if it's possible to have commercial support for Terracotta 3.7.5/EHCache 2.6.6 (no DSO, but using Toolkit).

From the web site my understanding is that commercial support for DSO ends on Dec 31, 2013, but it's not clear if this extends to all the 3.7.x release.

In other words, do we need to upgrade to BigMemory to have support.

Thanks

Profile for jlepagen -> Messages posted by jlepagen [6]
Go to: