[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: robo  XML
Profile for robo -> Messages posted by robo [2]
We found a solution to this problem though we still don't understand it. We were putting the terracotta valve in the tomcat server's conf/context.xml. I then tried all scenarios where we:

a) put the valve in our .war in /META-INF/context.xml. That didnt' work.
b) put the valve in the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/context.xml.default. That didn't work.
c) put the valve in the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/<contextname>.xml. That didn't work.
d) put the valve in the Host section of the conf/server.xml. THAT WORKED!!

I suspect that by putting the valve in the server.xml it was loading before any standard tomcat session manager which fixed this issue.

robo
I am new to terracotta. We just installed 3.5.2 Web Sessions to cluster sessions under Tomcat 6.0.29. We have a Grails 3.6 app running on CentOS 5.4.

Everything is working great except when we get an error response. Whenever we get an error response such as 404 Not Found the user gets kicked back out to the login screen.

After investigation we noticed that when these errors happen the request header has the terracotta jsessionid such as JSESSIONID=9l7zYXF9UCkDesL7VttH.20 but the response header has the Tomcat style jsessionid such as JSESSIONID=7A69191B82AF7139662D2E2CA419A750.

We are using Shiro 1.1.3 for authentication if that helps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

robo

Profile for robo -> Messages posted by robo [2]
Go to: