[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: ao7one  XML
Profile for ao7one -> Messages posted by ao7one [5]
Thank you very much.

I've got to be honest I find the documentation for Terracotta appalling. The info is seemingly there on the site but finding it is a whole different matter.
Hi

Can anyone help? I've been trawling the documentation but I just cannot find out where it describes how you configure the server logs.

All I can find is
<logs>/opt/terracotta/server-logs</logs>

I cannot find any info on log rotation, size or when to delete the logs. Does Terracotta handle this or is it expected to be handled with standard UNIX tools/scripts. ie. logrotate etc.?

Cheers
Hi

I've been trawling the documentation and this forum but cannot find an answer for this so hopefully someone can help.

With Terracotta OSS and clients using EhCache is there an imposed limit on the number of concurrently connected clients to Terracotta?

I notice Terracotta Enterprise makes a mention of it in the license but I can see nothing specific. As Terracotta OSS is limited to 2 caching servers in the array I'm assuming there is a limit on the number of clients.
Thanks for the response I think it does.

Terracotta is being evaluated for possible use but to clarify are you stating that if we require the use of multiple active Terracotta servers or transparent WAN replication then the open source version won't be able to meet our requirements. We will need to trial the commercial version with a view to purchasing a license?

Are you one of the developers for the product?

Many thanks
Hi

Just joined as a new user looking for some advice regarding mirror groups.

Our application is active/active across multiple datacentres. Due to the design the belief is we'd require multiple Terracotta servers across our datacentres as each node in our cluster needs to be aware of the others cache in the event of failure.

Reviewing Terracotta it appears mirror groups is the way to achieve this with multiple active servers otherwise in an active/passive setup we'd have nodes querying remote datacentres for the cache which we believe would be undesirable.

My question is are mirror groups provided as part of the Open Source version of Terracotta? The Open Source/Commercial differences matrix http://www.terracotta.org/open-source/ suggests is it part of the Open Source version as it clearly states below.

Terracotta Software Open Source Commercial
  • Terracotta server to provide coherent scale and HA for all technologies Yes Yes
  • Seamless performance, scalability, and data management for single node applications, large datacenters, and cloud deployments Yes Yes

but the documentation and posts on this forum suggest it isn't.

http://www.terracotta.org/documentation/3.1.x/product-documentation-15.html
    For capacity requirements that exceed the capabilities of an two-server active-passive setup, expand the Terracotta server array using a mirror-groups configuration. Using mirror groups with multiple coordinated active Terracotta server instances adds scalability to server array.
    Scalable server arrays are available in enterprise versions of Terracotta.

Which is correct?
  •  
    Profile for ao7one -> Messages posted by ao7one [5]
    Go to: