[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: bruyeron  XML
Profile for bruyeron -> Messages posted by bruyeron [2]

Thanks for your help - that is what I ended up doing indeed, and it seems to work great for what I need.
A cluster wide SessionListener would be great, though :-)

I am trying to cluster a tomcat webapp using terracotta, and I like what I am seeing a lot. FYI, I am using tomcat 5.5.23 on JDK6 with TC 2.4-stable1 at the moment.

I do have one problem: if I implement a HttpSessionListener, the listener only gets notified about sessions created on the local JVM. I typically use the listener to keep track of all the sessions - and in one particular case to recover session data when a user comes back without his/her session id.
The issue of course is when I switch to the second tomcat, the session list is not accurate since it only knows about the locally created sessions and not about all the sessions in the cluster.

Is there any way to receive DSO notifications that a session was created from another node in the cluster? Alternatively is there any way to access the DSO root that contains all the session data from the application code (I am guessing I need access to SessionDataStore.store)

Profile for bruyeron -> Messages posted by bruyeron [2]
Go to: