[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: terracha  XML
Profile for terracha -> Messages posted by terracha [29] Go to Page: Previous  1, 2
Hi,

I'm not sure what you downloaded but we are using the terracotta open source package and there seems to be no limitations.

Maybe you need the terracotta-session*.jar and the terracotta-toolkit*.jar in your jetty lib folder? We use tomcat here.

Cheers,
Terracha
Hi Lahiru,

I have solved it but I basically just copied my production terracotta instance and changed config so it applied to my local network and this did the job.

If you don't have this luxury, I can try to help but I would need more details.

Cheers,
Terracha
Hi,

Is there any tool that can monitor Terracotta and throws alerts if certain values become critical?

If not, what jmx properties could I watch for and what values should they not reach if there are some known critical values.

Thanks!

Cheers!
TerraCha
Actually, just received our copy of the Terracotta reference book and it specifically states that sticky session should be on for those wondering the same.

Cheers,
Charles
Hi,

I'm trying to find out if we could turn off sticky session on our load balancer as Terracotta should be distributing session info and doing this would allow our load balancer to split our incoming client requests more evenly between web servers.

Every reference/article I've seen on Terracotta so far seems to suggest sticky session should still be on? Is there a reason for this?

Thanks,
Charles
Done :)
Hi,

Has anybody had any issues with Terracotta 3.4.1 or below with performance issues clearing table caches? We believe this caused our application to crash as we noticed as soon as the Terracotta cache was cleared that Apache threads in "sending reply" state suddenly increased by a large amount, this actually seems to be reproducible.

Thanks!

Cheers!
Hi,

I'm trying to understand more about Terracotta. We have the open source version (3.4.1 I believe) and we had a problem in our production environment last week where sessions seemingly didn't failover.

I've used tomcat clustering in the past, info here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/cluster-howto.html

Could somebody explain to me what the difference between the 2 are?

I'd like to either understand Terracotta better or get rid of it, trying to make sure I make an educated decision. I've inherited this setup and the only piece that has unknowns for me is Terracotta.

Cheers!
Actually for my problem above, might not have been the best way to go about this but I got it resolved by running tc-stats stopCapturing and tcstats reinitialize.

Thanks!

Charles
I believe you are correct in that my statistics path is not set. This is set in the tc-config.xml is it?

I believe i know where statistics are written since i have 2 huge files, terracotta/config/statistics/statistics-store.data.db is 30 GBs and terracotta/config/statistics/statistics-store.index.db is 50 GBs. I'd like to limit those and even delete them if I can. I inherited this setup and I don't know enough about Terracotta to feel comfortable delete any files yet.

Thanks,
Charles
I believe I know what the problem is now but I'm not sure how to stop it. It looks like the cluster statistics recorder is on but I can't turn it off in the recorder console as I get the error trying to go to that screen that there's no disk space available (which there is).
Hi,

Seeing the following error in the Terracotta server-log:

Caused by: org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: No disk space available [90100-67]
at org.h2.message.Message.getSQLException(Message.java:89)
at org.h2.message.Message.getSQLException(Message.java:93)
at org.h2.message.Message.getSQLException(Message.java:71)
at org.h2.message.Message.getSQLException(Message.java:114)
at org.h2.engine.Database.checkWritingAllowed(Database.java:1349)
at org.h2.engine.User.checkRight(User.java:73)
at org.h2.command.dml.Insert.update(Insert.java:64)
at org.h2.command.CommandContainer.update(CommandContainer.java:68)
at org.h2.command.Command.executeUpdate(Command.java:171)
at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcPreparedStatement.executeUpdateInternal(JdbcPreparedStatement.java:127)
at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(JdbcPreparedStatement.java:116)
at com.tc.statistics.jdbc.JdbcHelper.executeUpdate(JdbcHelper.java:68)
at com.tc.statistics.store.h2.H2StatisticsStoreImpl.storeStatistic(H2StatisticsStoreImpl.java:301)

My partition where terracotta is running on has space left so I'm not sure I understand how that error is happening.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,
Charles
Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

As far as Ehcache and Hibernate not showing up in "My Application", any idea what that could be. I found articles on the Terracotta site and I believe I had the right jars in the classpath.

Thanks,
Charles
Hi,

I'm new to Terracotta and I've inherited a job where I need to be able to understand and troubleshoot Terracotta which I don't really feel like i understand enough right now.

I've read some of the documentation, however some things are still not clear to me.

- What's the relation between Tomcat sessions and Terracotta sessions? If i see sessions in my Terracotta developer console, does that mean we're using Terracotta Web sessions? I read in the documentation that's a paid product but I believe the version we are using is open source.

- I've tried to install and get working Terracotta on our dev environment but I couldn't duplicate the production environment because for some reason, the Ehcache and hibernate under "My Application" would not show up like they do on our production site. Any idea?

That's what i can think of for now to get me going.

Thanks!
Charles

Profile for terracha -> Messages posted by terracha [29] Go to Page: Previous  1, 2
Go to: