[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Messages posted by: light5  XML
Profile for light5 -> Messages posted by light5 [553] Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 , ... 35, 36, 37 Next 
It's very old, I doubt anyone is supporting them. You might want to try do source diff and find out yourself.

Give latest release a try if possible so you might get better support.
Have you ensure your dependencies are proper? You have included the "quartz-weblogic" jar?
Yes. Read the API carefully on the javadoc comment. It explains it.
Hello morosgo1,

You can use Quartz in webapp. Just initialize and start it inside a ServletContextListener and add it to the web.xml. In fact the quartz jar comes with one called org.quartz.ee.servlet.QuartzInitializerListener
Hello gang010,

Sounds like you want to configure the Quartz to enable cluster mode, then both instance of schedulers will read and operate on the single DB store. For Quartz, jobs are randomly distributed across each cluster nodes.
HI there,

1) Your cron expression missing an field because Quartz support up to seconds field. So it should have minimal of 6 fields.

2) If you give invalid date such as Feb 31, then it should give your a exception when you add to scheduler, saying something like "org.quartz.SchedulerException: Based on configured schedule, the given trigger 'DEFAULT.yourJobName' will never fire."
Hi hadjila, if you have problems with MySchedule, please create a issue on its project site and describe how you reproduce it.

https://code.google.com/p/myschedule/issues/list

Not sure which quartz project you are working with, but this is Java Quartz and it's unrelated to any C# project.

However the Cron trigger in Java version does have a setStartTime() method that you can set. Maybe you can find the same in your c# version.
Hi there,

Try invoke the Scheduler#standby() method. When ready, call the #start() method again.

Note that how your jobs will be execute after you restart would depend on what TRIGGER misfire policy you set for each job. They will be handle each differently. See doc for details.
I can't see anything apparent problem with your usage. Couple things I can suggest are:

1) I noticed you are in clustered mode, so ensure you check all your server nodes for jobs that might got executed. Do you have another server node that got deployed without even you knowing? If that's the case then that node might execute your job without your knowing!
2) To eliminate above possibility, I suggest you disable cluster and see if your problem exists or not. Or ensure all your server nodes use same config and add a listener that write to a common place when a job got executed. This way you will able to know for sure some node has executed your job.
3) Turn on the DEBUG level of org.quartz package and see if you can find any errors. Since you are in clustered mode, check all the server nodes log.
4) Upgrade to latest quartz if possible. Your version is old.
Hi,

Quartz does create new job instance per run. How do you conclude that it's the same instance of the job that run in your case? What do you mean by "THe variable values remain the same ,.."?
Oh I see. Yes, if you don't need anything at all, then simply not construct the Scheduler instance but create it on demand then. Quartz by default will need your DB connection established and table defined upon creation of the scheduler.
What's your configured thread pool size is and how many jobs do you have? And how long does your job run, and how frequent does it fire? Misfire can occur depend on those. Another thing that can impact is what misfire policy you used for your trigger on those job?

I also see you are using clustered mode, so you sure non of the cluster node executed your jobs?
I don't see you set your JobClass. Normally you do this:

JobDetail jd1=JobBuilder.newJob(MyJob.class).withIdentity(job1).build();

Inside your MyJob implementation (implements org.quartz.Job), you can do whatever you want, and Quartz will instantiate and execute it for you on each scheduled run.
The current code can't do this out of box yet. There is a request for that here: http://jira.terracotta.org/jira/browse/QTZ-16

For now, however you can easily write your own dynamic thread pool for Quartz (implements org.quartz.spi.ThreadPool and delegate to a JDK's http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/util/concurrent/ThreadPoolExecutor.html). The JDK's ThreadPoolExecutor will only create the thread when you have tasks submitted.

Profile for light5 -> Messages posted by light5 [553] Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 , ... 35, 36, 37 Next 
Go to: