[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Configuring Terracotta Websessions and Tomcat 7 for Asynchronous Requests  XML
Forum Index -> Terracotta for Web Sessions
queyjoh

neo

I'm working on a Tomcat 7 web application that includes an asynchronous call using a DeferredResponse object.

All was fine until we introduced Terracotta into the mix for session sharing in our cluster. I'm now getting this in our Catalina logs:

Code:
 java.lang.IllegalStateException: Async support must be enabled on a servlet and
 for all filters involved in async request processing. This is done in Java code
 using the Servlet API or by adding "<async-supported>true</async-supported>" to
 servlet and filter declarations in web.xml.

We've used the <async-supported> tag throughout out configuration and this has done the job, right until the TerracottaTomcat70xSessionValve valve was introduced to the Tomcat context.xml configuration:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <Context>
     <Valve className="org.terracotta.session.TerracottaTomcat70xSessionValve" tcConfigUrl="[config-url]" />
 </Context>

What I'm looking for is how to configure the Terracotta Session Valve to support asynchronous requests? We're using Terracotta 3.6.2.

Forum Index -> Terracotta for Web Sessions
Go to: