[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Terracotta 3.5.3 and how to use ConcurrentDistributedMap - In which repo is tim-concurrent-collecti  XML
Forum Index -> Terracotta Platform
rlentz

neo

Hello

we currently do load tests on a webapp ecommerce site based on Terracotta 3.5.3 DSO. For each successful login or logout a user session object gets added or removed from a clustered ConcurrentHashMap.
When increasing the load/threads we experience a high thread contention and the app slows down dramatically, probably caused by updating the ConcurrentHashMap. The thread dumps show many threads locked/blocked
on the CHM.

I read some blog posts about the org.terracotta.collections.ConcurrentDistributedMap and so I want to replace the existing implemention with it, but I am unable to accomplish that.
When updating or installing all tim-modules on the terracotta server (same for terracotta-3.6.1) I never see/get a tim-concurrent-collections downloaded nor installed
I found http://svn.terracotta.org/svn/forge/projects/tim-concurrent-collections/tags/release-1.3.4, but I am unsure if I need to build it myself. The documentation somehow is misleading.

http://www.terracotta.org/confluence/display/docs/DSO+Data+Structures+Guide
"Since CSM is not a standard Java data type, you must include the Terracotta Integration Module (TIM) tim-concurrent-collections as a library to access the class. You must also add tim-concurrent-collections to the Terracotta configuration file. See the Configuration Guide and Reference for more information on how to configure TIMs in Terracotta."

TC3.5.3:
banea:bin robert$ ./tim-get.sh install tim-concurrent-collections
Terracotta 3.5.3, as of 20111005-171028 (Revision 18868 by cruise@su10vmo122 from 3.5.3)

No module found matching the arguments specified: tim-concurrent-collections
Check that you've spelled them correctly or are in the right order.

TC3.6.1:
banea:bin robert$ ./tim-get.sh install tim-concurrent-collections
Terracotta 3.6.1, as of 20120125-115706 (Revision 19619 by cruise@rh5vmo105.terracotta.lan from 3.6.1)

No module found matching the arguments specified: tim-concurrent-collections
Check that you've spelled them correctly or are in the right order.

Same issue when using the Terracotta eclipse plugin. After updating all modules the tim-concurrent-collections is never shown.
Is it still supported? Can somebody advise me on how to use ConcurrentDistributedMap? Thx and it is urgent;-)

Aloha
Robert
rajoshi

seraphim

Hi,

We would sugesst use Terracotta Ehcache to store session objects. CDMs directly are not easy to configure and use.

Rakesh Joshi
Senior Consultant
Terracotta.

Forum Index -> Terracotta Platform
Go to: