[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Grails 2.0 - Terracotta 3.6 - java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.springsource.loaded.ri.Reflectiv  XML
Forum Index -> Terracotta for Spring
msaucier

journeyman

Hi,
I have a weird problem with a Grails 2.0 app and Terracotta 3.6 server. If I run my grails application using run-app within STS 2.9, I get the following exception at runtime (see below). However, if I setup a SpringSource tc Server within STS and run my grails application within it (meaning it creates and deploy a .war file) everything works fine.

Any idea what would cause the app to failed at runtime within the IDE ? I did verify the the terracotta-toolkit jar is in the classpath.

Caused by: org.hibernate.cache.CacheException: net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: Could not create ClusteredInstanceFactory due to missing class. Please verify that terracotta-toolkit is in your classpath.
at net.sf.ehcache.hibernate.EhCacheRegionFactory.start(EhCacheRegionFactory.java:89)
... 5 more
Caused by: net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: Could not create ClusteredInstanceFactory due to missing class. Please verify that terracotta-toolkit is in your classpath.
at net.sf.ehcache.terracotta.TerracottaClusteredInstanceHelper.newClusteredInstanceFactory(TerracottaClusteredInstanceHelper.java:182)
at net.sf.ehcache.terracotta.TerracottaClient.createNewClusteredInstanceFactory(TerracottaClient.java:198)
at net.sf.ehcache.terracotta.TerracottaClient.createClusteredInstanceFactory(TerracottaClient.java:150)
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.doInit(CacheManager.java:396)
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.init(CacheManager.java:352)
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.<init>(CacheManager.java:237)
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.create(CacheManager.java:856)
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.create(CacheManager.java:831)
at net.sf.ehcache.hibernate.EhCacheRegionFactory.start(EhCacheRegionFactory.java:70)
... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.springsource.loaded.ri.ReflectiveInterceptor
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at com.terracotta.express.L1Loader.findClass(L1Loader.java:32)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
at com.tc.properties.TCPropertiesImpl.newLoggingProxy(TCPropertiesImpl.java:306)
at com.tc.properties.TCPropertiesImpl.<clinit>(TCPropertiesImpl.java:36)
at com.tc.config.schema.setup.StandardXMLFileConfigurationCreator.<clinit>(StandardXMLFileConfigurationCreator.java:54)
at com.terracotta.express.StandaloneL1Boot.resolveEmbedded(StandaloneL1Boot.java:173)
at com.terracotta.express.StandaloneL1Boot.resolveConfig(StandaloneL1Boot.java:122)
at com.terracotta.express.StandaloneL1Boot.createConfigFile(StandaloneL1Boot.java:85)
at com.terracotta.express.StandaloneL1Boot.call(StandaloneL1Boot.java:188)
at com.terracotta.express.ClientImpl.<init>(ClientImpl.java:315)
at com.terracotta.express.ClientFactoryImpl.newClient(ClientFactoryImpl.java:238)
at com.terracotta.express.ClientFactoryImpl.createClient(ClientFactoryImpl.java:231)
at com.terracotta.express.ClientFactoryImpl.createClient(ClientFactoryImpl.java:218)
at com.terracotta.express.ClientFactoryImpl.getOrCreateClient(ClientFactoryImpl.java:196)
at org.terracotta.express.ClientFactory.getOrCreateClient(ClientFactory.java:30)
at net.sf.ehcache.terracotta.StandaloneTerracottaClusteredInstanceFactory.<init>(StandaloneTerracottaClusteredInstanceFactory.java:37)
at net.sf.ehcache.util.ClassLoaderUtil.createNewInstance(ClassLoaderUtil.java:92)
at net.sf.ehcache.terracotta.TerracottaClusteredInstanceHelper.newClusteredInstanceFactory(TerracottaClusteredInstanceHelper.java:178)
... 13 more
teck

seraphim
[Avatar]

I think that error message is misleading. The call stack definitely shows me that you have terracotta-toolkit in your classpath (since the stack trace has classes from it)

The real question to me is why a class load for com.springsource.loaded.ri.ReflectiveInterceptor is getting triggered there. I have no idea what that class is but it isn't something we use. Have you googled around for that type name?

Debugging this likely would require some form of test case. If you can create an example of something that reproduces this issue and create a JIRA issue (jira.terracotta.org) that would be best way forward in my opinion.

Tim Eck (terracotta engineer)

Forum Index -> Terracotta for Spring
Go to: