[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
JobDetail is abstract:cannot be instantiated  XML
Forum Index -> Quartz
Martinos

journeyman

Hello

I've just tried Quartz 2.01 in my Java application and I find that I am receiving messages saying that jobDetail and CronTrigger are abstract and can't be instantiated.

Is this a change from Quartx 1.8.3 which I've been using up until now.

This is the type of code I'm using in a Listener which is started from web.xml when the context is intialised. I store the job details in a database table.

Code:
 try {
             scheduler = StdSchedulerFactory.getDefaultScheduler();
         }
         catch(Exception ex) {
             logger.error("Error getting scheduler at " + sqlDateTimeNow + "\n", ex);
         }

// ******************************************************************************************
         // ** SUBMIT JOBS.                                                                         **
         // ******************************************************************************************

// Poll RSS_Feeds for new data to update Datasets.
         try {
             sj = Scheduler_Job_DB.get(1);            
             jd = new JobDetail(sj.getJobName(), scheduler.DEFAULT_GROUP, Poll_RSS_Feeds_ToUpdateDatasets_ScheduleJob.class); // Requires class name to be hardcoded, will not allow casting. Why?
             ct = new CronTrigger(sj.getJobQuartzTrigger(), scheduler.DEFAULT_GROUP, "" + sj.getJobQuartzCronExpression().trim() + "");
             scheduler.scheduleJob(jd, ct);
             System.out.println("Job " + sj.getJobName() + " submitted.");
         }
         catch(Exception ex){
             logger.error("Error submitting job " + sj.getJobName() + " at " + sqlDateTimeNow + "\n", ex);
         }

Also, when the context is destroyed, I tend to unschedule the jobs, as so:

Code:
 Scheduler_Job sj = null;
         SQLDateTime sqlDateTimeNow = SQLDateTime.getSQLDateTimeNow();

// ** UNSUBMIT JOBS.                                                                       **

// Poll RSS_Feeds for new data to update Datasets.
         try {
             sj = Scheduler_Job_DB.get(1);
             scheduler.unscheduleJob(sj.getJobName(), scheduler.DEFAULT_GROUP);          
             System.out.println("Job " + sj.getJobName() + " unsubmitted.");
         }
         catch(Exception ex){
             logger.error("Error unsubmitting job " + sj.getJobName() + " at " + sqlDateTimeNow + "\n", ex);
         }

But I find now that scheduler.unscheduleJob can't be applied to the given types.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Martin O'Shea.
alexsnaps

consul

Quartz 2.0 has some breaking changes API wise as you discovered.
You should be able to upgrade easily though, with only little changes.
There is a migration guide explaining all the changes coming with 2.0 and the necessary steps to address these:
http://www.quartz-scheduler.org/docs/2.0/migrationGuide.html
hth!

Alex Snaps (Terracotta engineer)

Forum Index -> Quartz
Go to: